O/R X pipe or H Pipe?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
OK guys as you know i have a stock internal/block 5.0 with a KB on it. I have stock exhaust manifolds with the stock hpipe, and mac mufflers. Which brand of X/H pipe should i go with? Who makes the best? Should i go H or X? The muffler man said i should see major gains with no cats...

Discuss...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
no wonder your hp dyno numbers were low, I didn't know you still had this stock exhaust stuff :D well on the 50 cars I think the h pipe is the most commonly used, however I have heard several x pipes on them and they have a cool sound that is very unique. I think the x pipe does have a slight advantage in power production if I'm not mistaken :dunno: I would say long tubes ( for sure ) and a off road x :dancing6: :dancing6: Man you should see significant power gains from that, not to mention the AWESOME exhaust sound :)

S

scarface

wha..wha...what! Stock Exhaust! anything is better than that..lol

Be different, go X-pipe :)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well im having a hard time..cause if its just for sound i will put it off, but if i gain like 40+ HP with no cats, ill slap one on that bitch right when i get back lol

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
Imagine running and trying to exhale through a straw. Those 4 cats are restrictive as hell and you will feel a power difference right off the bat with either an X or H.

97vertstang

Reaction score
stock exhaust with a blower!!!! :eek: holy cow batamn!!!!!!! longtubes and ur choice of o/r pipe.u WILL get big gains , at least 25+rwhp!!!!and im talking minimum!!!!!!!!!!go longtubes though and get rid of all ur somg shit if u can, will save u a headache and will get more power.me and 94pacecar435 just changed his gaskets in his shorties and all the smog crap got on our way.his gonna do longtubes when he gets his new shortblock. dont waste ur time and go longtubes!!!!!

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Xpipes sound good. Stay away from BBK X pipes. They are the devil and they suck :puke: .

You have the mac mufflers. If you want the old school deep throty angry sound go with an hpipe

If you want the exotic higher pitch sound go with the Xpipe.

Both sounds good, but bbk xpipe with mostly any muffler has alot of rasp and tons of people hate it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Twista said:
Xpipes sound good. Stay away from BBK X pipes. They are the devil and they suck :puke: .

You have the mac mufflers. If you want the old school deep throty angry sound go with an hpipe

If you want the exotic higher pitch sound go with the Xpipe.

Both sounds good, but bbk xpipe with mostly any muffler has alot of rasp and tons of people hate it.

i like mine just fine :D

97vertstang

Reaction score
h pipe sounds bad ass on a 5.0. especially if u get a 3" catback.that will be loud!!!!!!!

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
yea x pipe will be a little raspier but will flow slightly better and the h pipe sound deeper and meaner ESPECIALLY on the 5.0...the power difference is so minimal though that you really just have to decide what sound you like...h pipes sound absolutely mean on the five-oh

i love my prochamber but i really really miss the sound of my h pipe

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
so what brand H pipe? i cant spend any money on long tubes right now, so it will be exhaust manifolds-______H Pipe-Mac exhaust mufflers.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
what best for a 4.6????? i have longtubes and flowmasters, and i want to get an off road midpipe and get rid of my 2 cats...

97vertstang

Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
what best for a 4.6????? i have longtubes and flowmasters, and i want to get an off road midpipe and get rid of my 2 cats...
if u got longtubes, than u got some kind of aftermarket mid pipe in there.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

i know, i have cats on mine and i wanted to go with an off road midpipe to get rid of them...

S

scarface

19mustang95 said:

i know, i have cats on mine and i wanted to go with an off road midpipe to get rid of them...
If your car is a 4.6 ? not sure cause of SN, Ill trade you my O/R mac hipe for your catted one.
What brand is it? How many miles? Mine Is MAC, and has about 100 miles on it.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
so MAC should seal fine with stock exhaust manifolds????????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online