O So you wanted your tails to be the same color as your car?

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by 95KBGT, Jun 27, 2006.

1. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

Well meangreen has requested something that i havent seen yet, which is color matched tails. should come out well. I had a test subject a 1984 FOrd Diesel tractor. The color is wedge wood blue

After first coat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After 2nd coat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now i bet some of yall are like...there is no way light is comming thru that....well here it is sunlight thru the lense
    [​IMG]
    On the tractor no lights on yet
    [​IMG]
    and a short clip of the finished project.
    [​IMG]

Comments welcome.

2. 95purple5.0

95purple5.0 New Member

really cool, but I already get pulled over too much and this would probably add to my troubles, I think I will stick to red!

3. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

yea I can see the :police: wanting to be pricks about them, I'll stick with stock n legal.

4. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

ya i figure they will pry be pricks about them but i havent gotten pulled over yet in the almost 2 months i have had the car so i am feeling left out j/king. Actually as you can see when the lights are on they look stock so i figure if the :police: are behind me ill just turn my parking lights on and they will be none the wiser. I dont think i would do it with many colors but i think since deep forest green is a pretty dark green it will look good. Pry wont bother me more than if they were just tinted. I saw some cars with color matched tint but they were more silvers etc none dark green and i think they looked good. its something unique. The car has a catted h pipe and what not so even if they pull me over for just the lights everything else is pretty much legal. When the lights are needed they are easily visible so i dont see the problem( i dont know the laws in sd on tinted tails ill look into it though lol). If someone cant see the ass end of my car in the daylight they need to :gtfo: the road

5. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

:lol: funny thing is the cops cant write you a ticket..well here in tx they cant, they have to be visable yes, but yall are forgetting i tinted my friends tails so dark they looked like part of the body..and he still hasnt been pulled over. they illuminate fine and i agree with josh if they cant see the 3rd brake light, go red :gtfo: the road

6. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

Ill just take off the cats and get some long tubes.... they will hear me from miles away :rollinglaugh:

7. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

yep, :banana: :banana:

8. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

pretty cool man!

9. Goindeafonmtx

Goindeafonmtx Active Member

Super schweet.

10. Dark-5.0

Dark-5.0 New Member

Beat ya to it, of course its easier to do it with black. Good luck with it man. It looks great.

[​IMG]

Jeremy

11. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

looks cool man!