O2 sensor questions HELP

97blackgt

Reaction score
alright so i bought a OR x pipe last year and installed it, planning to get a set of O2 sims when inspection time came. Well that time is here now, and i got sick of the OR x and switched back to the catted H pipe. The O2 sims however are still installed. While i was driving home from school this weekend at first the car seemed to go fine. I was crusing at around 50 or so and the car just started to sputter...then the problem went away..later during the drive it happened again..and the it was fine..ect. Finally 100 Miles or so later the check engine light came on. It was P1151 if i remember right, 02 bank 2 sensor 1 insufficient switching LEAN. So i assume that sensor failed and read LEAN so the car compensated by dumping unneeded fuel.

So i drive it back to school 150 miles and plug the scan tool in to look at some LIVE DATA. When i check bank 1 sensor 1 it does like it should and goes from .140 V to about .750 V. Then i check sensor 1 bank 2 and it stays at .000V. (figure the sensor is just weak, i got a new one havent replaced it yet.)

THEN, i check bank 1 and 2, sensors, 2, which have the MILS installed. The scan tool reads UNUSED???? Does anyone know why this is? Does this cause any kind of problem? Can i run a catted H pipe with 02 sims? I cant think of why it would cause a problem but idk? :dunno:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
why did you get rid of the o/r X?? Shouldve got a H :bunny3:

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
i want something that isnt as loud as the offroad x with flows, but right now with stock h and flows it is really quite....i want something in between

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
i want something that isnt as loud as the offroad x with flows, but right now with stock h and flows it is really quite....i want something in between

prochamber dude.. its the best sound ever!

I had flows on my car with a mac catted h and the thing sounded stock. With a o/r pipe its awhole new car and it sounds mean as heck. The car sounds like an angel has landed in my exhaust pipes and is singing for everyone around me. I dont like the idea or polluting the air, but the car sounds kick ass. I say its a harmony tone b/c of the Prochamber. It has a very deep smooth harmonizing sound that will make a baby fall asleep.

Flowmasters own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont care if there the most common out there. With the prochamber it sounds like flows with a new attitude.

Ill try to get clips for you whenever i leave the house again. It sounds so sweettttttttttt

heres a sound clip: http://videos.streetfire.net/search/prochamber/0/2C0B00FC-508B-4579-AF69-ABA88F20958D.htm
and http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v616/TorchRed04GT/?action=view&current=Picture024.flv
On my 97GT its abit quieter but the tone is the same. 99+ have it lucky to have better flowing heads and intakes.

ripper

Reaction score
If that comes up on your inspection (unused) i think your gonna fail. You better get that fixed before you go. I have no idea what it could be. Sorry bud

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
i changed my front 02 and now the light shut off though...i check the monitors with a scal tool and everything should be fine now....the only thing that didnt run was 02 and catalyst something or other....

i think i should be ok...ill let you know tomorrow ill be doing my inspection if i get some time O0

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i got that code too.. it said that bank 2 was running lean. does that mean my motor was actually running lean or that it thought it was because of my MILS?

because my dyno sheets say that im running beyond rich lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online