o2 sensor

5.0l cory

Reaction score
i need some help with o2 sensor I replaced both o2 sensors last week now I am getting code 176 and the car runs like sh't I only have 2 lower o2 sensors no upper o2 sensors due to that it was swaped out for bbk shortys no cats no smog don't know what to do. :(

07GtS197

Reaction score
I think we have your problem. You literally have to have front o2 sensors, they are the ones that control your air fuel ratio and the rears check the cats for efficiency. With only rears you will run in open loop all the time because the computer cant correct for the proper air fuel ratio. Get the front o2 sensors hooked back up, ditch the rears (you dont need them with on off road mid pipe), clear the codes and see how it is after that.

OP
OP
5.0l cory

5.0l cory

Reaction score
would the front o2 sensors be below the shortys cause I have no cats and the o2 sensors I replaced were for lowers I wonder if I got the wrong ones. thanks

lutter94

Reaction score
You have a 5.0. It only has two o2 sensors. One left, one right. 4.6 guys have four sensors to prove the cars are working.

OP
OP
5.0l cory

5.0l cory

Reaction score
the only thing I find odd is when I ordered the o2 sensors the parts guy asked if I needed upper or lowers I asked for the lowers and I told the parts guy it is a 5.0l

lutter94

Reaction score
Have a part number. Check on rock auto too. They're good for finding part numbers. Even if you don't buy there

07GtS197

Reaction score
Disregard lol sorry for being an idiot. They probably gave you the wrong ones and thats why it wont run correctly. Also remember to retorque them after a few heat cycles.

OP
OP
5.0l cory

5.0l cory

Reaction score
thanks guys for the help but the sensor is totally dead now it was a long drive back home yesterday with one gone :angry: thanks again and thanks white95 for the part numbers I will use them.

ranger56528

Reaction score
WELL......How does it run with the right o2's in it?...I used the Bosch without any issues when I had my BBK shorties on.

OP
OP
5.0l cory

5.0l cory

Reaction score
thanks for all the help guys I found the problem my mass air flow sensor was so dirty it caused all the problems now she goes like a sob whoa!!!!:grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online