O2 Simulator

TripleBlack

Reaction score
Where can i get a O2 sim for my 94 gt i think that is why i am running lean all i can find are the one for the 96-04 cars

ryclef331

Reaction score
DO NOT PUT O2 SIMS ON YOUR CAR!!!!! Your tune or something else on the car is jacked.

LISTEN UP PEOPLE! 94-95's have TWO (2) O2 sensors....THATS IT. They are required for the ECU to run properly!

96 and up cars have 2 sets of O2 to read the exhaust coming into the cats and the exhaust going out of them to ensure proper functioning of the Emissions system. When you put an off road pipe on them, the rear O2s read different now, the car thinks something is wrong with the emissions...BAM....Check Engine Light. Simulators turn off this light. That is the ONLY REASON TO RUN THEM.

IF you put O2 sims on your car, you ECU will NEVER know if your car goes lean for some unknown reason....lean = detonation = you forking out money for a new motor.

Do yourself a favor, and get the car checked out by a pro if you think something is wrong with it.

OP
OP
T

TripleBlack

Reaction score
well i gues that extra plug isn't an O2 sensor then because i have a O2 sensor on each pipe but the more i thought about it last night at work i think the white plugs came from the coolant that i burned after my intake swap instead of running lean....is that i good asessment?...thanks for the tip i thought i had four of them

ryclef331

Reaction score
in order to REALLY read the plugs, you need to go out, do a full throttle blast (through the gears), pull over immediately, yank a plug, then judge them. Driving around for 3 hours around town at part throttle won't do it....part throttle, your running leaner all the time so the plugs can read whiter...and in all actualality, the part of the plug you need to read is the base of the porceline tip so you need a strong light to really seen down in there. Some guys cut the threads off to read'em. Regardless, unless you hear it pinging, I doubt you're running too terriblely lean.

OP
OP
T

TripleBlack

Reaction score
i don't hear any pining so i think i'll be fine till i can get a tune done on a dyno....can they tune the stock computer in the 94-95 or do i have to get a new one or what are my options....?

ryclef331

Reaction score
You'll be fine. As for tuning, your tuner will "chip" you stock ecu to optimum performance. Its just that...a chip that piggybacks onto your stock ecu. Ensure you're going to a shop worth a damn and you'll be fine.

OP
OP
T

TripleBlack

Reaction score
what should i ask the shop to make sure they know what they are doing?

ryclef331

Reaction score
nothing really....make sure they have a dyno and some software to tune your car with. You need to ask other people in your area where they go....where are you located.

OP
OP
T

TripleBlack

Reaction score
richland center WI, but willing to travel a ways to get a good tune...any places in mind?

ryclef331

Reaction score
TripleBlack said:
richland center WI, but willing to travel a ways to get a good tune...any places in mind?

Let me do some homework but I'd have to say find yourself a big name shop. Shops don't get big b/c their customer service sucks. They get that way b/c they know wtf they're doing with a car. I'd have to say Chicago would be your best bet at finding a good reputable tuner closest to you. Its not my local scene by any means so I can't comment outside of what I find online. My tuner is VERY little know but he's been working on Fords for 16 years ASE certified and is a WIZARD with tuning and his dyno is behind his house...so...if you know anyone in your local scene with a decently modded ford, ask them who they got. Or get on a bigger sight such as corral.net or hardcore50.com and ask them for tuner reccomendations for the chicago area. I promise you'll get hits. I can't make that decision for you. Thats alot of trust to put in someone's hands to tune your car safely. I know who I trust but you have to make your own decisions. Keep in mind, if they seem shady or iffy...they probably are. If they aren't familiar with the ins and outs of a 94-95 mustang compared to a fox, they aren't that experienced in tuning...take your business elsewhere. Be sure to pound into the tuner's head you want driveability out of the car as well as good power. He can achieve both with very little compromise to either if he is good. Hope that helps man...

OP
OP
T

TripleBlack

Reaction score
thanks that helps alot and will that help my gas mileage i get horrible 8-12 per gallon 8 if i beat on it and 12 if i baby it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online