OBD I Tuner in Phoenix AZ area.

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get an OBD I, EEC-IV tuned in Arizona? I have called everywhere I can find. AZ Dyno Chip used to do it, but it was sold 3 years ago. Keith the former owner and mustang guru used to come in periodically to still tune chips but is now fully retired. I currently have a chip tuned by Ted Jenkins from Tuning Innovations. Having issues with part throttle hesitation cruising on highway in 4th and 5th gear.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Does AMP performance still do obd1? I thought they did when I was out there but I have to be honest they gave me a weird feeling when I went in their shop. This was over a decade ago, but just sayin........

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Does AMP performance still do obd1? I thought they did when I was out there but I have to be honest they gave me a weird feeling when I went in their shop. This was over a decade ago, but just sayin.......
I called them as well. They said they could do it, but doesn't want to touch it. Would need to sell me their chip plus $800 to tune and said he'd rather it be switched to a standalone before he tunes it.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok that was the same shit they tried to pull on me back when I was there and I was NOWHERE near needing a standalone system. I wasn't sure if they were just trying to upsell me or what the deal was. How about apex?

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
ok that was the same shit they tried to pull on me back when I was there and I was NOWHERE near needing a standalone system. I wasn't sure if they were just trying to upsell me or what the deal was. How about apex?
Ya screw them, I just have a NA 331 stroker and its not even a super wild build it should be tunable on the EEC-IV. I called apex, they referred me to ADS in Chandler still waiting on a call back.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is the mustang shop in chandler still open? They were the reason I started working on my car on my own... I would not recommend them for anything as "new" as our cars or at least that is what I gathered after they worked on my car. Sucks azdc sold as those guys were cool

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Is the mustang shop in chandler still open? They were the reason I started working on my car on my own... I would not recommend them for anything as "new" as our cars or at least that is what I gathered after they worked on my car. Sucks azdc sold as those guys were cool
I called the mustang shop multiple times and their receptionist can never get the guy to call me back. I am assuming they don't work on cars with EFI lol.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I broke a bolt in my head while trying to swap a cobra intake on mine. It was the stock bolt that had never been pulled out and you just could not tell where the rust stopped and the bolt started. I tried to get it back out but it was gone and I didn't have the money for heads so it ended up sitting for 6 months till I found a set of heads I could afford and swap out. I was a complete newb under the hood so I took it to the mustang shop and dropped it off for them to do the heads. I made the mistake of telling them that it had been sitting for a while and it got on their "in no hurry" list of cars. For the next 4 months I stopped in every 2 weeks and asked if they did anything as if I didn't know because it was still in the exact same parking spot collecting dust. I finally called 2 other places and figured out what they needed for time and $$ and then called the mustang shop back and told them if they didn't want to work on it to tell me and we could arrange for them to have it towed to the other shops I called. He called me the next morning to tell me he finished the work. So then I made the appt at azdc to have them tune it with the new heads and I drove it over there and pulled up in front of them taking a smoke break to smoke billowing out from under the hood. After a quick inspection we found that they didn't put the valve cover gaskets on right and it was pissing oil down the back of the motor, so back to he mustang shop to fix. The next week I got it back to azdc and they put it on the rollers and go figure in sept in az it was running hot. They tried everything they could to get it to cool off but nothing worked and it developed a knock at some point. AZDC tore down the motor and I never really got a straight answer from them as to if they got the head gaskets on correctly, they kinda made it out like they didn't want to say they fucked it up but that was the case. So a new motor it was....

It was at that shop that I realized that with a number of performance shops if you are not a bit of an asshole they will treat you like an asshole. NEVER NEVER NEVER make the mistake of letting on that your not in a hurry and just want them to do the job right as that is the kiss of death in a performance shop. Ask when they will have it finished, and then follow on the date it is due so that they know your expecting it finished.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I feel ya. My engine took 6 months to be built, then when it had a problem with lower intake needing to come off to check tolerance and flatness to mate to the head it took an additional 3 months. The shop that built my heads sat on them for 3 months too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are you in the copper state mustang club? If not you should be. I was when I was there and they were a cool group of dudes honestly, the clubs here suck in comparison. In 2005 when they released the new mustang they had a special party there that they did a live broadcast of the event in cali and gave us all shirts and limited edition diecast cars because they are the largest club in the nation(or were). Someone in there must know someone....

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
that sucks. is ads what I knew as AZDC?
AZ dyno chip in Tempe is what your referring to. The original owner Kieth had sold 3 years ago and no longer tunes chips. They new ownership said I would need to switch to a standalone to get a tune from them.

Notthenow

Reaction score
Check with Decipha on efituning.com. His rep on there is pretty good. It would be mail order because I believe he is in Louisiana, but he might have others to point you to.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
AZ dyno chip in Tempe is what your referring to. The original owner Kieth had sold 3 years ago and no longer tunes chips. They new ownership said I would need to switch to a standalone to get a tune from them.
ah see AZDC use to be in chandler right off of I10 and chandler blvd I thougth it was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online