OBD2 conversion

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 1995 mustang GT and I was wondering if there is any conversion kits to make it OBD2 I can’t find any online so I thought I would come here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have never heard of an obd2 conversion for sn's myself so maybe someone that has will chime in. I have heard of people swapping in the fox computers for lack of understanding the SN computer and how to tune it. I have heard of a few aftermarket systems that can wire into the stock wiring(microsquirt, anderson) and then offer easier tuning but I am not sure they offer obd2. I installed a holley HP system in mine which needed a completely new harness but the tuning is easier after that but I know there is no obd2 with it, just usb out to your laptop.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
I have never heard of an obd2 conversion for sn's myself so maybe someone that has will chime in. I have heard of people swapping in the fox computers for lack of understanding the SN computer and how to tune it. I have heard of a few aftermarket systems that can wire into the stock wiring(microsquirt, anderson) and then offer easier tuning but I am not sure they offer obd2. I installed a holley HP system in mine which needed a completely new harness but the tuning is easier after that but I know there is no obd2 with it, just usb out to your laptop.

Thank you for this info this helped a lot

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not sure where you are on the tuning ladder but I know I jumped in blind as could be and its been a hell of a learning curve. If your not willing to put the time in reading/learning about the system and how to adjust/tune it, stick to your local dyno tuner then. Its not something you just learn over night after a short youtube vid and some interwebz reading.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
I am not sure where you are on the tuning ladder but I know I jumped in blind as could be and its been a hell of a learning curve. If your not willing to put the time in reading/learning about the system and how to adjust/tune it, stick to your local dyno tuner then. Its not something you just learn over night after a short youtube vid and some interwebz reading.

I’m going into it somewhat blind I only say somewhat because of my school I understand the basics but this is all OBD2 nothing before that’s why I’ve come to the forums again this is the place I get all the answers from. I’m doing slot of research on tuning so I can eventually be able to tune my own cars but like I said when it comes to pre OBD2 vehicles I have a hard time. Even in American muscle the chips for my car I don’t fully understand how they work and I have one with 3 tunes in it but have no idea how to access them or even use them on my vehicle. And I’m also not sure if they even or good tunes.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Explorers had the 5.0 with obd2 and distributorless ignitions. Unfortunately it would be more of a pain and no gain. Go standalone and don’t look back.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Explorers had the 5.0 with obd2 and distributorless ignitions. Unfortunately it would be more of a pain and no gain. Go standalone and don’t look back.

Yeah after reading everything and doing research I think I’m going to go stand alone like you recommend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online