Oddball SN/Mustang Engine Swaps

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've got a 66 coupe and have been tossing around the idea if a 2jz or 1jz swap. It's origionally an inline 6 car so I want to keep the same inline type motor in it. And since the domestic inline motors are few and far in between.... Although I don't know if I can find a thick enough flame suite. I think a BMW inline would be better accepted than a jap motor.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen a few f150's with the old 4.9 liter that had forged internals and a turbo and were beast!!!!! That would be more appealing to me.

Still an inline, still a classic

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've seen a few f150's with the old 4.9 liter that had forged internals and a turbo and were beast!!!!! That would be more appealing to me.

Still an inline, still a classic

TRUE but is too tall. Hits the ground and the hood too.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I came across this build a few years back. I forget where I ended up seeing this but it's a Viper engine swapped in.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I came across this build a few years back. I forget where I ended up seeing this but it's a Viper engine swapped in.

Viper motors have been done a few times actually. Pretty sure the one you pictured belonged to a guy who died. Car was from Michigan. [MENTION=11417]det_riot[/MENTION] knows better then me iirc

Magic

Reaction score
Viper motors have been done a few times actually. Pretty sure the one you pictured belonged to a guy who died. Car was from Michigan. det_riot knows better then me iirc

That car is dubbed Project Sniper.
Belongs to the owner of Nightmare Motorsports in IOWA. Its been put on the backburner for a few years now. I remember when he started the build thread on TurboMustangs (now the turboforums).

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
image4.jpg

I've wanted to do a XR6 Barra swap in my SN95 but parts availability scars the beejeezus out of me.

alex302

Reaction score
heres a 2j fox at FL2k last year there was a SN with a 2j but i didnt get a pic..

OP
OP
J

JKady

Reaction score
Meh, epic isn't usually my word for a Chevy in a Ford, diesel or not. I have also tossed the idea of a Perkins around, there was a Mustang 2 locally that I just missed due to lack of funds with a small perkins and a 4 speed in it, would have made a cool commuter.

Carnage281

Reaction score
Raptor swapped foxbody
[video=youtube;CV_lPIapDMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV_lPIapDMc[/video]

I wanted to do this swap so badly, but it's just too expensive.

Then there's this V-10 triton swap mustang II

[video=youtube;PGoZlICY_6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGoZlICY_6Q[/video]

OP
OP
J

JKady

Reaction score
I've seen a triton 10 swapped SN95 somewhere as well. I've always kinda liked those engines though IMO they're a poor replacement for a 460 in the trucks, I thought they had potential as a car engine. The torque in a street car would be a LOT of tire shredding fun. Looking at car-part even the 2 valve V10 is surprisingly expensive, looks like 1500 is the low end on a used one.

The 6.2 would be awesome as well, but yeah, prohibitively expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online