OE Wheels vs American Muscle

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
If anyone here is a rep from AM it would be very helpful. I ordered the 18x9 black GT4's for the cobra back when AM had them on sale, not knowing that they were discontinuing the wheels. The 18x10's were out of stock at the time, and still are. Back then there was a 6-8 week wait period (found this out via their email alert system). As of today it's 2-3 weeks. Problem is someone told me they spoke with a rep who said they won't be getting them in at all? Can anyone verify this?

Also OE wheels has them in stock and on sale right now. I'm half tempted to just buy the damn things that way I don't get screwed out of them completely. I was reading online somewhere that OE and AM use the same manufacturer for their wheels, is there any confirmation of this?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Cant confirm it but Im sure they all come from the same place over seas

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure it's all chinese shit. I don't care about that (right now). Eventually I'll drop the coin on some nice rimpz. Until the tho I just want to make sure the finish is the same. I don't want two different shades of black, or two different lip styles is all

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I recommend stangmods. Not sure if they have the wheels you want, but they're a great place. I had 2 sets of bad wheels from AM. Will never buy wheels from them again.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We don't have any American Muscle reps here so you're probably not going to get verification. Call them up and see what they have to say.

Caboose302

Reaction score
I've been talking to the OE wheels guys a bit trying to track down front wheels for my car since I've been waiting a month for them (back order from LMR). The Saleen replicas are "Imported" by OE Wheels and then distributed to AM, LMR, Lethal Performance, Stangmods, Stage 3, etc. I'd assume the GT4s are the same.

Edit* maybe I'm thinking of Wheel Replicas?

chris91

Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to order wheels from OE. I ordered a set of Bullits back in the day and they were nice. They shipped out real fast too.

95opal

Reaction score
Prokiller is an AM rep try pm'ing him. Personally i would just go threw OE as they seem to be the guys ahead of AM in the supply train and I have personally bought a set of saleens from them back in 06 and had zero issues with the transaction. Yes the wheels are just your basic knockoff but for the price you cant beat it.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I've heard good things about stage 3 motorsports. The rims are a better quality and better finish. But I have an AM set and they're ok. Also I believe Win is having issues with AM shipping his too

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I emailed American Muscle one time as I had the same question. They said they had an agreement with their supplier and they couldn't give information as to where they get their wheels. But I agree with the rest of the guys...I'm pretty sure all of the wheels come from the same place

ProKiller

Reaction score
i can check tonight if we list them as discontinued or not. it would be news to me if they were. although gt4 wheels were never that popular of a seller so it wouldn't surprise me. i will say though that getting wheels back in stock usually does take some time. we order them in bulk and i'm talking usually 80+ wheels at a time so it takes a while to make them and then ship from china. so yes we get the wheels from china but as to which warehouse or if the other companies use the same manufacturer, i have no way to confirm that one. you don't go to mcdonalds drive-through and ask if their chicken patties are made by the same chicken coup as burger king. as far as finish, for the most part, black is black in the knockoff industry. i've never seen much of a variation.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
[MENTION=8860]Win[/MENTION] has got a lot of info on American muscle wheels in the past couple of weeks.

ProKiller

Reaction score
the 18x9 are discontinued but the 18x10s aren't at this time. I have an order for them so I'm going to say it's okay to hang on and wait for them. the ETAs are usually pretty accurate.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, it's much appreciated.
[MENTION=8095]ProKiller[/MENTION] thanks for checking on that. I knew the x9's were discontinued, I found that out after I bought them and they sold out. I have been getting the emails saying they would be in stock within 2-3 weeks so I'll be more than happy to wait on a set. I just wanted to clarify that the online rumors weren't exactly accurate.

As for the black is black, I get that. I don't know how the chinese do their shit, I just didn't want light black and dark black wheels. But no biggie, if you guys are going to have them one last time then there's no problem there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online