OEM Engine and transmission mounts

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Are the factory rubber engine and tranny mounts still available for the 94/95 Mustang GT? I've looked/searched everywhere and coming up empty.

Thanks
Michael

1bad95

Reaction score
I'm sure you already know about em but if not call up Automation ford white bear lake(Tousley Ford) and talk to Mike R. If they have it or can get it he will hook you up. Number is 1-800-328-9552. I saved over $100 after paying shipping on my last order of some parts by going thru mike vs the local ford dealer. They are on svtp and really really take care of you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JKady

Reaction score
Most stuff like that is obsoleted from Ford now unless it was used in a much later vehicle. If your local dealer has a good parts guy, they can usually find a part if any dealer in the network still has one on the shelf. Be prepared to pay though, the shipping isn't cheap usually. Local guy tracked down a heater hose/pipe assembly for a '95 T-Bird Supercoup I was working on a while back, part was like 40 bucks but the shipping would have made it a $300 part since it was on the other side of the country.

OP
OP
Michael Plummer

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I'm sure you already know about em but if not call up Automation ford white bear lake(Tousley Ford) and talk to Mike R. If they have it or can get it he will hook you up. Number is 1-800-328-9552. I saved over $100 after paying shipping on my last order of some parts by going thru mike vs the local ford dealer. They are on svtp and really really take care of you.

Actually I never knew about Tousely Ford but now I do, thanks to you. I will call Mike R today and see what he can come up with. I had a great relationship with the Parts Manager from my local Ford dealership but he retired almost 2 years ago and the new guy doesn't see the benefit of carrying or locating old parts for me. He actually told he maybe it was time to trade in my old 1994 Mustang for a new one. :(

OP
OP
Michael Plummer

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Most stuff like that is obsoleted from Ford now unless it was used in a much later vehicle. If your local dealer has a good parts guy, they can usually find a part if any dealer in the network still has one on the shelf. Be prepared to pay though, the shipping isn't cheap usually. Local guy tracked down a heater hose/pipe assembly for a '95 T-Bird Supercoup I was working on a while back, part was like 40 bucks but the shipping would have made it a $300 part since it was on the other side of the country.

You're so right, OEM parts for these cars are really starting to dry up or in some cases are long gone. Granted my car isn't stock but when it comes to electronic parts and other miscellaneous items like engine and tranny mounts, I like the quality and longevity of OEM parts. Now the shipping charges can sometimes be crazy high but if I want/need it, I'll pay the money.

1bad95

Reaction score
You bet man. Mike R is a great dude at tousley. Everything I have bought has been almost half price from what my local place tried charging. I'll never step foot in the local place again. I think they will also discount fordracing parts also.

Rockauto does sell some motorcraft parts I'm pretty sure, but I don't think too many

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
The transmission mount and some miscellaneous PI swap parts I've ordered from late model restoration have been ford OEM parts that have come in the original ford packaging. I'm not sure of their price vs the dealer but they were reasonable for what I needed

OP
OP
Michael Plummer

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Well I called Mike R at Tousley Ford but it was the wrong number. Looked up the correct telephone number but they didn't have the part in stock and told me it was discontinued. They did locate it and warned me that this Dealership (Bob Allen Ford) is the only place in the country that has (2) sets in stock.

So I called Bob Allen Ford, gave them the following part numbers and paid $450+ shipped for one set of engine mounts and one tranny mount.
Engine mount: F4ZZ6038C and F4ZZ6038D $$$
Tranny mount: F4ZZ6068A $64.00

Thank you everyone for the assistance, I got what I wanted.

1bad95

Reaction score
Shoot sorry for the wrong # I copied it right from their site. Glad you were able to get your parts, man those mounts are big $$!

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
Wish I wud have seen this earlier.....I have a mint set of OEM motor & tranny mounts that just came off my 95 as I'm switching to the energy suspension.

OP
OP
Michael Plummer

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Wish I wud have seen this earlier.....I have a mint set of OEM motor & tranny mounts that just came off my 95 as I'm switching to the energy suspension.
Not a problem, how much are you looking to get for your factory engine mounts? And how many miles on the mounts?

Magic

Reaction score

Magic

Reaction score
Actually I never knew about Tousely Ford but now I do, thanks to you. I will call Mike R today and see what he can come up with. I had a great relationship with the Parts Manager from my local Ford dealership but he retired almost 2 years ago and the new guy doesn't see the benefit of carrying or locating old parts for me. He actually told he maybe it was time to trade in my old 1994 Mustang for a new one. :(

Should have shown him what your OLD 1994 Mustang was all about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online