OEM rubber suspension kit?

shovel

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen an actual kit with all the parts in one box, but most people doing OEM rebuilds don't rebush parts like control arms, they just buy replacement arms which already have rubber bushings in them.

I wasn't able to find OE style rear lower arms, but here are most of the other bits:

Front lower spring isolators (Blue Oval)

Front upper spring isolators (Blue Oval)

Rear Axle Upper Bushings (AC Delco) Don't forget you need one of these too

Front Left Control Arm (Moog)

Front Right Control Arm (Moog)

Rear Upper Control Arm (Moog) - it doesn't list for 94-98 but the UPPER rears are interchangeable 79-04

I was able to find rear lower arms for 99-04 but not for 94-98. I think it's possible to just drill out the holes on your axle tabs and run the bolt for a 99+ but that's only an educated guess, I would look deeper into it before ordering anything. Otherwise I think the closest option to OE is a bonded elastomer bushing like Whiteline KTA154 or a 3 piece bushing set like Maximum Motorsports Sport series

The OE front stabilizer link bushings are urethane but ACDelco 45G2017 is an exact fit and rubber or Mevotech MK8848 is OE style urethane.

There were several different size front stabilizer bars. Moog K8790 for 27mm bar. Mevotech MK9978 for 25.4mm bar. Mevotech MK8789 for 28mm bar. Mevotech MK8788 for 30mm bar. Dorman BB8789PR for 29mm bar.

Front upper strut mount (KYB)

Last edited:

Snorky

Reaction score
I drilled my 94 out for 99-04 lowers, it is easy. Then I used the upr 99-04 bolt kit since it does uppers and lowers and was a little cheaper than new stock lower bolts.

Last edited:

Tillerman77

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen an actual kit with all the parts in one box, but most people doing OEM rebuilds don't rebush parts like control arms, they just buy replacement arms which already have rubber bushings in them.

I wasn't able to find OE style rear lower arms, but here are most of the other bits:

Front lower spring isolators (Blue Oval)

Front upper spring isolators (Blue Oval)

Rear Axle Upper Bushings (AC Delco) Don't forget you need one of these too
Front Left Control Arm (Moog)

Front Right Control Arm (Moog)

Rear Upper Control Arm (Moog) - it doesn't list for 94-98 but the UPPER rears are interchangeable 79-04

I was able to find rear lower arms for 99-04 but not for 94-98. I think it's possible to just drill out the holes on your axle tabs and run the bolt for a 99+ but that's only an educated guess, I would look deeper into it before ordering anything. Otherwise I think the closest option to OE is a bonded elastomer bushing like Whiteline KTA154 or a 3 piece bushing set like Maximum Motorsports Sport series

The OE front stabilizer link bushings are urethane but ACDelco 45G2017 is an exact fit and rubber or Mevotech MK8848 is OE style urethane.

There were several different size front stabilizer bars. Moog K8790 for 27mm bar. Mevotech MK9978 for 25.4mm bar. Mevotech MK8789 for 28mm bar. Mevotech MK8788 for 30mm bar. Dorman BB8789PR for 29mm bar.

Front upper strut mount (KYB)
Way to go helping a newer member @shovel ! I recall that NPD does carry a lot of the OEM rubber bushings, although you need to search a bit to find them on their website.

shovel

Reaction score
I just bought a set of those control arms myself - I had put new ones in my wife's 2002 Mustang about six years ago as preventative refresh/maintenance, and just bought a set this week for my 96 for the same reason.

One thing I've been curious about and finally get to answer I guess is whether all the newer aftermarket arms use the same stamping as the 03/04 Cobra arms as some people claim - because I also ordered a set of M-3075-D arms for my '94 GT ... so that means I will have 1994 GT OE arms, 1996 V6 OE arms, Moog aftermarket 94-04 arms and Ford Performance Cobra 03/04 arms and can nerd out on how they all differ, or don't differ from one another.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
I am also going to replace the wheel hub/bearings. I have 103K miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online

No members online now.