Off road exhaust

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going to fab up a watts link soon and have decided to just have a side exhaust made and make everything easier clearance wise. What do you guys recommend since smog is not an issue? Just run straight pipes from the headers or do most people run a h pipe and some mufflers or what is standard? I'm completely clueless on this

Thanks

RichV

Reaction score
I had pipes out the catback just 90* and exit before the rear wheels. No mufflers, just loud. :)

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
On a 4.6 why not throw a set of Magnapacks on with just straight pipes before it (no midpipe). No muffs is loud but you might not like the sound after awhile.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
If you're semi good at fabbing, which I get the hint that you definitely are, I would run an x or H of your choice and instead of running intermediate pipes get some short ball flange pipes and attach the mufflers directly to the end of the x or H. Then you can probably 45 it out in front of the rear tires, depending on muffler length of course. I know it's probably not a huge deal but I've always thought the 90 in side exhausts killed some flow. So if I can avoid that I will, personally.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
i've seen it done this way a couple times. obviously the type of muffler you chose will play a factor

_46427.jpg

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Good info guys [MENTION=8293]OnyxCobra[/MENTION] that looks like exactly what I'll do. [MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION] I'll check those out they look pretty sick.

ba#97

Reaction score
I'm intrigued on this as well. only big thing is making sure the cars meet db limits at the tracks. but most tracks out here are 103db which is pretty loud. yet another reason I am keeping my Laguna Seca experience to gran turismo. lol.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Vibrant resonators, thank me later..

Yep, seconding this one.

I'll check it out, I found a performance muffler shop in Sacramento that I'm going to take the car to and have them make me a custom set up. From what I saw they do really nice work and they seem to know their stuff as far as meeting track rules and sound limits etc

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Back to your original question, youre going to want some sort of crossover pipe for better exhaust scavenging. Otherwise you basically just have 2 four cylinders with goofy timing as far as exhaust is concerned. And scavenging is your best friend.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Back to your original question, youre going to want some sort of crossover pipe for better exhaust scavenging. Otherwise you basically just have 2 four cylinders with goofy timing as far as exhaust is concerned. And scavenging is your best friend.

Planning on still having an h pipe, like in the picture above. Thats what youre talking about correct?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online