Off-Road H or X Pipes, Where to find them?????

94StewFord

Reaction score
I can't find any out there, any help would be appreciated. Looking to go with a catless H-pipe and Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers in 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" Also sticking with stock exhaust manifolds/headers or is it even more beneficial on a mostly stock motor to change those out to shorty's? I do not want to go with full length headers..........

Thank you!!!

Chip66

Reaction score
The EPA has made everyone afraid to sell them now. You might get lucky finding a used one on eBay. Your best bet is to have a muffler shop make one for you.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
those days are gone , no shop will manufacture one , home made is what i sudjust
exactly why i bought a wire feed welder

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I saw a bbk on fb this afternoon that had not been used. It wasn't even for my motor but at $300 I thought about sticking it in the extra parts pile.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
Sent an email to my friends over at Waldron's Exhaust in MI to see if they can make me a complete system. They have build custom systems for me before and they all fit like a glove..............

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think you would be better off going in and talk to them about it, rather than getting them to admit they will break the law in writing. They might do it for the right person but with the way things are going I will be VERY surprised if they respond with a yes.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i just tried entering it to cart and a message pops up

Due to Covid-19 and stressed supply chain issues
we recommend that you call 817-473-3500
to ensure that the items you need are available
to ship as needed. Thank you for your understanding.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
i just tried entering it to cart and a message pops up

Due to Covid-19 and stressed supply chain issues
we recommend that you call 817-473-3500
to ensure that the items you need are available
to ship as needed. Thank you for your understanding.
I emailed Pacesetter directly, I will let you know what they say…

PinkieT

Reaction score
Where are you located? I know of a set that needs work but could be bought relatively cheap. They are in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
You could always modify your stock exhaust by cutting out your cat's and welding in tubing in its place. O/R mid pipes are not being sold anywhere from any company due to EPA.

Your other option if a exhaust shop won't weld in the tubing is measure and mark the pipe yourself and cut them with a band-saw or saws-all. Measure the O/D of the pipe, get the pipe to replace the cats and get a Female-Female adapter for the same size but I/D so they slip over the pipe and use a couple saddle clamps to secure in place. Exhaust shop would be much more willing to weld up those seems for you over doing the work to cut out the cats. Just a last resort idea.

O/D - Outside Diameter
I/D - Inside Diameter

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
I've found off-road pipes at my local summit racing location, and even seen them online a few times recently? Did they recently start cracking down on this? Cali I could maybe see, but I haven't had any issues locally

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
I've found off-road pipes at my local summit racing location, and even seen them online a few times recently? Did they recently start cracking down on this? Cali I could maybe see, but I haven't had any issues locally
What's available @ Summit? I saw the Pacesetter X pipes on there.........

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
What's available @ Summit? I saw the Pacesetter X pipes on there.........
Seems to be a lot of options, I just hopped on there bc this thread made me think I was going insane, I couldve sworn I'd seen tons online recently. They look to have more o/r pipes than catted available on the summit website

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of options, I just hopped on there bc this thread made me think I was going insane, I couldve sworn I'd seen tons online recently. They look to have more o/r pipes than catted available on the summit website
So, I just checked a few more websites, LMR is a no-go for O/R, CJ pony parts has a few of each, and AM only has catted. Summit still looks like your best bet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online