Off Road or Cats

toyman

Reaction score
The biggest downside without cats is the exhaust stink.

Reaction score
Yes I agree the stink, but I am kinda getting used to it

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You get used to it after awhile.. And being around all other Mustangs, like atleast 1-2 out of every 4 I see in person has no cats, I got used to it real quick.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
compared to my 72, my 94 with o/r h pipe doesnt smell bad. But ya you get used to it

alwill923

Reaction score
I have a stock 95. I got flowmaster 50 series 3 chamber mufflers and the header back H pipes with one cat on each side from CJ pony parts. CJ pony parts was the only one that listed the 50 series mufflers. All others (AM, LMR) had the 44 series 2 chamber mufflers. Love the sound, deep old school and not loud. More important to me was interior noise. There is very little droning inside the car. Interior noise gets old after a short period of time. Be careful what you wish for.

OP
OP
G

Grouper Trooper

Reaction score
Well, last Monday I ordered from LMR BBK shorties, BBK hi-flo x-pipe cats and flow-master cat back 44's... we'll see how this pans out! I did not see the 50's series on the CJ site. Something tells me they are a quieter version from the 44's?

Thanks,
Jayson

OP
OP
G

Grouper Trooper

Reaction score
Got around to installing the exhaust last week; BBK ceramic shorties, BBK X with high flow Cats and Flowmaster system out back... love it. Just what I was hoping for, not too loud but no mistaking whats going down the road. While it is kinda loud at highway speed it doesn't bother me. This is my fun car so there is almost no cruising at 60 or 70 mph. Thanks for all the input and advise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online