off road pipes

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It seems that in the past year off road pipes are getting hard to find after the EPA cracking down. It seems as though they are going after the racing world harder than ever from tuning to other aftermarket areas. With out turning it into something in the political forum has anyone had any real world experiences like this?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ever since I bought my 17 gt I’ve fallen into that camp. I don’t want to delete my cats or other emissions stuff. I’m not sure about the tuning aspect though. I plan on buying a vmp supercharger down the line and it comes with a tune so as long as it’s still available I should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joemomma

Reaction score
Honestly I've been looking for an off-road H pipe for shorties for my car, and there aren't any...at least none that I can find. My cats have been gutted by the PO, which is essentially the same, but I'd still like to have a complete pipe.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I gotta wonder how many "off road" pipes were used on street cars. Same with smog pump deletes.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have seen off road pipes now going for $400 and not because of the big brand name just because they have them. Realistically I have read that you do not gain any power from a high flow cat so I don't think its a big deal.

I think know more people with off road pipes than I do with cats personally but that is because there are no inspections around here.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I have seen off road pipes now going for $400 and not because of the big brand name just because they have them. Realistically I have read that you do not gain any power from a high flow cat so I don't think its a big deal.

I think know more people with off road pipes than I do with cats personally but that is because there are no inspections around here.

Where I live any car 25 years old or newer must pass a visual check and an OBDII scan. I picked up a 2.5" catless h-pipe years ago for an exhaust upgrade and found a set of BBK cats to go on them.

Overboost

Reaction score
I called livernois motorsports and they wont touch my car with a 10 meter cattle prod because it dont have cats....

looks like CJPP has the off road pipes still

Last edited:
OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea I would get them while you can if you want one as it sounds like they could be going away shortly.

dwcopple

Reaction score
Glad I found my BBK catless X on FB marketplace for $150 last year

Boostr1

Reaction score
I have inspections so I'm not worried about it. I'll just enjoy my Magnaflow catted X

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love the reason they say they make them. :)
"It is a test pipe that can be used to diagnose emissions issues or installed on pre-1975 vehicles that did not come with catalytic converters from the factory."
I mean that makes perfect sense that you would install these on vehicles that did not come with cats to test if it made no difference what so ever.... :)

Makoto

Reaction score
I love the reason they say they make them. :)
"It is a test pipe that can be used to diagnose emissions issues or installed on pre-1975 vehicles that did not come with catalytic converters from the factory."
I mean that makes perfect sense that you would install these on vehicles that did not come with cats to test if it made no difference what so ever.... :)

thats what happens with bad laws, you get easy wordplay workarounds.

Reaction score
off road pipes have always been kinda pricey

having high flow cats is only a benefit because you get less fumes. when i drive my car the fumes are pretty intense

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Off Road midpipes for LT Headers are really becoming hard to find.

I spent hours on Marketplace trying to find a used one, people act like they are gold already.

dwcopple

Reaction score
I'd gladly trade my BBK O/R x-pipe for a gutted stock piece or an aftermarket H pipe with high flow cats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online