Official plans for my 97 GT

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Okay, so i already have full bolt ons for my 1997 Mustang GT, auto, 43k original miles

This christmas i am getting a SQ trim mongoose kit with a boost pipe and a PI intake manifold, plus a mini race by pass valve

I will get this installed and dynotuned around spring time

During the summer, I am going to work and save up for a Paxton a/a intercooler, and some custom grind blower cams...i figure this will yield me a chunk of more hp...plus it will lower my boost approximately 5 lbs...letting me now run a smaller pulley, considering i dont want to exceed around 10 lbs on my stock block. How does this setup sound??

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
dude im telling you the man you need to talk to is Scarface, he has a similar deal on his GT and has I think around 380rwhp :dunno: :dunno: but it sounds good to me.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd yank the motor and drop a dat der vtec in.

Seriously, if it was up to me, I'd just do a full PI Swap, slap on some nitrous, and call it a day. I dont think its worth all the hassle and money to put a blower on our motors, well from what I read atleast.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i talk to scar face a lot about his setup...he got 380rwhp through a novi 1000 and a untouched non pi motor

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
you do realize a pi motor with just nitrous is not even close to 400rwhp right?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes I realize, but I'd rather just save the money and build a new motor...

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
oh okay, i can understand building a new motor, but not just swapping a stock PI motor...maybe a forged motor with some custom heads...now thats a good investment. But what i listed is my plans for the car...good idea? Hoping to get close to 385-400 rwhp.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
haha id rather show 4v guys my little 2v motor after i beat them

dutman98

Reaction score
97stanger said:

thats what im talkin about. By the time you spend the money on the 4v swap you could already have a 2v thats just as fast. i looked on ebay and 4 v motors are going for alot of money. I did find a 20k mach 1 motor for around $3500

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah 3500 for the motor. Did that include the harness and computer for the motor? Probably not. Also don't forget that nice 500 dollar shipping cost too. With the money bro I would build a motor. Do the PI swap and have your heads ported with some nice stage 2 cams. With your full bolt on's also considering you have gears for it? You can build a 2v to wield good numbers. Then save up for alittle bit and put a blower on it. With your block only having 48k on it it would be the perfect opp. to go ahead and have it bored and forged. You will be thanking your self later in life when you put that blower on and tune it for 17 psi then having to settle for just 8 pounds cuz thats all your block can handle. Think longevity. Do it right the first time that way its smooth sailing for you. :thumb:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
trust me i would love to build a motor...but im only 18 in college...and i think that slapping a intercooled s/c on here with full bolt ons will let me spank some booty around here. Down the road when i get older, I'm definately going to invest into a 4V but i think that this investment will give me the power im looking for. :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
dutman98 said:
97stanger said:

thats what im talkin about. By the time you spend the money on the 4v swap you could already have a 2v thats just as fast. i looked on ebay and 4 v motors are going for alot of money. I did find a 20k mach 1 motor for around $3500

gezzzzz guys can you take a joke :-X

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
well youd be surprised how many people say that..."why spend all that money on a little 2V...real men buy a 4V" blah blah blah

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97stanger said:
well youd be surprised how many people say that..."why spend all that money on a little 2V...real men buy a 4V" blah blah blah

well if you want to talk about what engine will flow the most air........then yea the 4 valve is the obvious choice ::) and what one will make the MOST power, again the 4 valve is the winner :D

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
but what gets me is that people talk like everybody doesnt already understand that 4V offer more power than 2V's...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97stanger said:
but what gets me is that people talk like everybody doesn't already understand that 4V offer more power than 2V's...

I know what you mean, I heard the same stuff when I had my 98GT at the beginning of this year ::). But in reality its true, of course the 2 valve can be built to haul ass just like anything else.......your just ahead on hp and tq with the more valves you have. Of course putting a 4 valve in place of a 2 will get a little costly so you could put some money in the 2 valve and be comparative to what power production the 4 valve would have......but then your comparing a modified 2 valve to a STOCK 4 valve.............I could go on about this forever ;D

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
haha i know exactly what your saying...

i think my setup will be plenty for me for now...

p.s. GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97stanger said:
haha i know exactly what your saying...

i think my setup will be plenty for me for now...

p.s. GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!

Your going to have plenty............Blower = :hitit:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
if you had to guess...how much rwhp do you think ill be at with this setup:

Full bolt on 97 GT auto

PI intake manifold

Mongoose kit SQ trim