Official SN-95.0Beast Build thread *Custom Supercharger set-up pics on pg2!*

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score
I figured i would make a build thread to give a bit of history, as well as current and future plans for my 95 mustang.

First let's start with some History (i'll give the best abbreviated version as possible). I acquired the car through a member of my other local DSM forum. He had posted a thread about trading his "project mustang" for a good running and reliable AWD DSM. Just so happens i had a 346 AWHP '91 Talon TSI that i was looking to sell. i pondered the idea of trading it with him for a few days and finally sent him a PM. we met up and i checked out the car. When i arrived the car was at my buddies shop, hood popped and parts everywhere. upon further investigation i found that the project was about 50% complete. short block and tranny were in the car, but there were wires everywhere, no fuel system hooked up, no intake, no front end on the motor, no heads ect... the body however looked MINT. Near perfect paint, NO RUST whatsoever on ANYTHING, and the leather interior was in great shape and John forces signature was on the dash. complete with a Book of receipts for everything, featured magazine articles, dyno slips, track slips, and authentication certificates for the signature, and Roush parts/work done to the car. however 1/2 of the interior panels were strewn about the car in order to gain access to the rats nest of wires. I went home to ponder if i wanted to get myself into this sort of mess and after a few days of deliberation, i decided to accept the trade, i felt in the long run i would end up with a great car.

Now onto phase 1. after acquiring the car i immediately started piecing things together. First was to clean the wiring up, hook everything up, and make it all perfect. After that horrible ordeal, i began to put all the mechanical stuff together, mind you i had never owned a mustang or even a V-8 for that matter, so this part took the better half of a month. After everything appeared to be back together i went to start the car for the first time after the fresh rebuild/overhaul. The car started up and fell flat on it's face, second try, same thing, third try finally ran! but with a horrible idle. After weeks of troubleshooting why the car ran poorly and many headaches we finally deduced that it had several vacuum leaks and needed a tune BAD!!! Few weeks went by, tinkering with the car and buying various parts and tuning software ect... me and my buddy clint finally got the car running (clint is my Mustang genius friend). Finally was able to drive the car home!!!! the car ran kinda sketchy on the hour drive home, but made it! after driving it for a week or two i broke the throttle (i have NO idea how that happened i was cruising at 45MPH at low throttle) so i decided to go big or go home and got a 75MM throttle and a matching Pro-M MAF, and a new tune was in order. I drove the car for about a month and a half (taking it out on the weekends, going to car shows, ect..) and the car just wouldn't start one day. i had no idea after over a week of troubleshooting, sent the car back to Clints house. he figured out it was the TFI box (should have known :p lol) simple fix, but i decided i wanted to go bigger for my upcoming Dyno day, so i decided to order Quarter-horse, multi-tune switch, Walbro 255 fuel pump and 42# injectors. this is where i stand right now, the car is running great and Dyno day is Saturday. *Update* the car put down 329RWHP and 376tq!(Quarterhorse read 369/404) Runs FLAWLESS! The complete supercharger set-up is also in, will be going on the the very near future, looking to make 400-450RWHP reliably on a conservative tune. My goal is to make this thing a Monster that tears up the drag strip, then a road course and that can be daily driven (even tho it only gets driven on the weekends and when it's nice out, haha) :headbang:

here is a current list of modifications done to the car

Motor:
302 bored 30 over to a 306
Diamond CP Pistons
forged eagle H-beam connecting rods
king Race bearings
decks shaved
Auto Specialties Forged aluminum underdrive pullys
Crane cams CompuCam 2031
Cobra Crank
moly rings
adjustable timing chain
and a lot of other misc stuff

Heads:
World Products 351 windsor jr heads
port and polished
over sized valves
both heads were shaved
5 angle valve job
new valve guides
gold crane 1.7 rockers
High energy hardened push rods
black and silver ford racing valve covers

Bolt-ons:
Edlebrock performer RPM intake manifold
Professional Products 75mm throttle body
MAC chrome intake with k/n filter in fender
MAC long tube headers wrapped in heat wrap
MAC 3'' dual exhaust with H pipe
Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
Fluidline radiator

Fuel/Electronics:
Moates Quarterhorse
Ford Racing 42lb fuel injectors
Vortech Billet aluminum Adjustable FPR
MSD Distributor cap/rotor
Crane Hi-6 Digital Ignition amplifier w/ Adjustable RPM limiter
SMART SPARK ignition computer
Walboro 255 Fuel pump
Wideband A/F
PRO-M MAF

Transmission & Rear end:
Roush S3 transmission with forged internals
ford racing clutch
FMS 3.55 gear set in differential
FMS Forged aluminum drive shaft
Steeda Tri-ax short throw

Suspension/wheels:
SVT cobra rims, with Toyo proxies
Stillen 3-way adjustable coilovers
Hotschis sway bars
Welded sub-frame

Misc:
John Force signed the dashboard in '99
was featured in a magazine (can't remeber the name off the top of my head, but i'll post it later)

i'm sure there is a few things i'm forgetting haha

mustang026.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

EPICSTANG.jpg

stangwoods1.jpg

mustang1023.jpg

mustang1024.jpg

I don't have any pics of the build, sorry :/ but i will most certainly take pics of future modifications from here on out :) as well as dyno slips and tack slips! Enjoy :thumbsup:

GRAND TOTAL Invested since the start of the project: $5,929.62

NCMystic

Reaction score
Re: Official SN-95.0Beast Build thread

could you tell me where you got your dash guage pod. i think i'm in love.

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

NC_Mystic said:
could you tell me where you got your dash guage pod. i think i'm in love.

Custom ordered through autometer :)

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

Dyno Sheets will be posted Saturday!

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

any guesses on Dyno numbers? going tomorrow @ 3:30

Sinned83

Reaction score

Your car is sick.

nicostang

Reaction score

wanna hear about the numbers, but if i take a guess i would say about 280-300 to the wheels

Sinned83

Reaction score

nicostang said:
wanna hear about the numbers, but if i take a guess i would say about 280-300 to the wheels

should be more like 320-340 on a 306.

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

NUMBERS ARE IN!

Uncorrected: 346HP/371Tq
Corrected: 306Hp/351Tq (these numbers are a bit low, the correction was off we think by about 20-30%)

nicostang

Reaction score

oh nice numbers. Can you post the dyno sheet and the dyno type?

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

Yeah, i need my buddy to send me the digital copy because i don't have a scanner for the paper print out i have

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

Got it re-tuned, the spark tables were not set properly. increased timing now pulling 30 degrees of timing up top instead of 20. also ran a 93 octane and race gas blend......New numbers are 369HP/404Tq!!!! :headbang: I still need a scanner for the dyno sheets, or have my buddy send me the digital copy :evil5:

nicostang

Reaction score

holy cow batman!!!

those are some NICE numbers for an N/A car, just to have an idea how much have you spent on the longblock? and how much RPMs are you revving it to?

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

nicostang said:
holy cow batman!!!

those are some NICE numbers for an N/A car, just to have an idea how much have you spent on the longblock? and how much RPMs are you revving it to?

Thanks man, it's been quite a journey with this car, haha. The Rebuild Cost around $3,000 but i already had the heads, the max power was made @ 6520 RPM's.

nicostang

Reaction score

any special reason why you didnt build a stroker?

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

nicostang said:
any special reason why you didnt build a stroker?

Building it for boost, and the Short block was built by the previous owner when i got it, and already in the car

OP
OP
S

SN-95.0Beast

Reaction score

UPDATE! Just purchased a Carbonfiber Saleen S281 spoiler. i will post pics as soon as it comes in

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score

where did you buy that from?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online