Official Virginia [757 area] Thread

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
why store it. drive it. storing it for the winter in a state thats less likely to snow makes no sense.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
why store it. drive it. storing it for the winter in a state thats less likely to snow makes no sense.

This isn't going to be a daily driver. I have my F150. The Cobra is going to be a weekend cruiser type of thing. Want to keep it out of the elements to keep it clean. It's not just about snow. VA as you know has horrible weather aside from the lack of snow. Acidic rain and horrible pollen among other things. Just prefer to keep it tucked away and take it out on nice days.

Why do you suggest keeping it on jackstands? So that th tires don't get flat spots?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i cleaned mine when the rear was out. i scraped about a pound of road grims and a shit ton of rust. we kryloned it and 3m undercoating. i have to remove the tank again and do the samething and redo the tank straps too.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ouch... well I know I'm going to crawl under the car with a LED flashlight and look for rust since its a PA car. That is one of my main concerns.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
ive spent many hours in and under my car. ive read so many books, interwebz and just fucking shit up.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah. That's the best way to learn. Unfortunately I didn't have a project to do that with. Might be picking up a V1 setup for the Cobra if you're watching the chat logs.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
So it looks like I'm going to be one of the very few left "hold it down" for the 757.....

Jason, you ever have plans to come back here besides just to visit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online