Ohm resistance for fuel level?

Subtlebeast

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am trying to confirm the min and max ohm settings for my Holley Dash. Does anyone know what they are for a 1995 Mustang GT?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ah crap I can't remember off the top of my head now other than its a strange ohms sweep that is not used much.... 16-158 or something like that? Myself and white tried to get the stock sensor to work with the holley and we both ended up giving up and going with an offboard fuel gauge.

OP
OP
Subtlebeast

Subtlebeast

Reaction score
Thanks. It’s been tough monitoring from the Holley. I have been going by mileage more so than the Holley dash. I was trying to avoid any gauges but I might have to consider it. Thanks again.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea I know the feeling. I thought it might have been the fact that the ford sensor uses a chassis ground/single wire system where the holley likes a floating ground/2 wire system. Unfortunately there is no way to separate the ground on the sensor from the chassis because it grounds at the tank. I have heard some people say that it works for them but that the level bounces around more than they would like.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Autometer makes a programmable fuel level gauge so you can set it up for whatever resistance you need it to use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online