oil catch can system

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, well im bored sitting at home, finally dont have to work anymore weekends and im banking right now.. so i kinda want to go out and do something to my car that is really cheap.. i remember the little catch can system that BAB did and i know trubble did his own.

i just searched both and found the threads but there is no info one what to buy..

like the size hoses and which can's to buy and yadda yadda yadda.. so anyone go the correct info?

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
anyone? come on guys, im waiting to go buy this right now.

S

scarface

Trey, I did this on my 99... there is a link somewhere. Let me find it.brb.

Suspect

Reaction score
yea i made one also. i had to after swapping intakes. you can get all the parts at lowes or home depot.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
so can one of you just tell me what to buy? i know how to put it together just confused on what i need to buy.. do i buy exactly what that guy did in the first post?

i dont want to spend 50 bucks.. id like to stay at 22 like BAB said.

3/8" hosing
2 fittings
catch can
hose clamps
and teflon tape/paste stuff?

thats it?

wait, do i need the t fittings?

also, what goes into the valve cover? just stick the hose into the end???

S

scarface

no fittings needed. just put the hose at the end of the PVC, attach the catch can, then hose the other end to the intake.

22 bux will be VERY hard to do.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
heres what im confused about...

catchcaninstalled.jpg

thats BAB's setup.. what did he do to put the hose into the valve cover?

Suspect

Reaction score
he should be able to do it.

make sure to get a glass can not plastic. that will probably be the most expensive part. u can even get them at walmart next to the air compressor parts. i bought the hose at a mom/pop auto parts store and it was like 50-60 cents a foot. and the rest is chump change. might even have it if ur like me and have a box of misc bolts, clamps, hoses etc.

S

scarface

you should be able to pull the hose off the PVC valve on the drivers side of your valve cover. If it is like the 99, it will have a plastic hose on the valve. Remove the plastic hose and put on the rubber hose.

HPIM0140.jpg

my catch can was near the firewall in that pic. I dont have it on the car anymore.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ok im just going to go buy the crap.. so the 3/8" hosing, the can itself, and the clamps?

S

scarface

the barb fitings to go into the can...use that list on the thread I gave you.

Suspect

Reaction score
dont forget the 2 npt fittings for the can.

sorry dunno how its setup on mod motors. listen to scarface. O0

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I wouldn't be much help. Mine is an oile separator system for a pan-evac system that's made from compressor filters and garden hose . . lol

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
k well i got some hideous red hosing (nobody seemed to have black? wtf right) and i got the barb fittings as well as the hose clamps.. but what i didn't get is the main part lol...

nobody had glass filters or w/e.. they were all plastic and could only stand up to 125*..... soo i guess its time to start lookin at the internet.. idk if any of you have heard of Northern Tools but im hoping they will..

S

scarface

I have the plastic one from lowes. I have had no issues with it. I have had it for 3 years...been on 2 turbo cars, one SC car, and now my 99. You will be fine with it.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well i thought one of you said get glass?? so the plastic will hold up fine??

FAWK :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online