oil catch can system

S

scarface

it has held up on my cars. I got the Cobalt one from Lowes.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
thats the one i almost bought.. 11 dollars.. ill brb im going to get the hoe and show it who's boss..

Suspect

Reaction score
my bad. i only said to get the glass cuz i used the plastic one and its started to melt. even up against the firewall. :nonono:

anyways did u get it done?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I run this PCV catch can:

http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm

It works perfectly, seperates all the oil, and looks neato. :) The only difference is I changed the fittings on mine to run black braided nylon hose. (Earl's Pro-Lite) I can't say enough about the quality of this unit.

Paul.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
no it was raining all day today so i just came straight home.. i was going 40 the whole way home on the highway...

i dont see how the plastic is going to hold up.. won't my oil be hotter than 125*?? just wondering.. ill be buying it tomorrow if the weather holds up.

S

scarface

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
no it was raining all day today so i just came straight home.. i was going 40 the whole way home on the highway...

i dont see how the plastic is going to hold up.. won't my oil be hotter than 125*?? just wondering.. ill be buying it tomorrow if the weather holds up.
its not a constant flow of oil going through it...like I say Ive been running it for years, with no issues. It still looks as good as it did the day I bought it. The oil going through it it the oil mist sucked up in the PVC system.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ah i didn't even think of that.. i know the oil doesn't just plumb through there but you just reassured me as to why it should suffice with a temperate maximum of 125*... thanks Dave. youve been a great deal of help the past few days!

S

scarface

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
ah i didn't even think of that.. i know the oil doesn't just plumb through there but you just reassured me as to why it should suffice with a temperate maximum of 125*... thanks Dave. youve been a great deal of help the past few days!
thats what Im here for buddy O0

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
will do! ill post pics when i get it installed.. i may have it paint red by paul sometime soon. i want it to be red cause my plug wires.. the Kobalt is of course blue.

McCloud

Reaction score
I have mounted on the right hand side by the MAF and Ive had no problems whatsoever with mine. An old pic of the engine bay but you can see it by the MAF.
732696_46_full.jpg

GDawg

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
k well i got some hideous red hosing (nobody seemed to have black? wtf right) and i got the barb fittings as well as the hose clamps.. but what i didn't get is the main part lol...

nobody had glass filters or w/e.. they were all plastic and could only stand up to 125*..... soo i guess its time to start lookin at the internet.. idk if any of you have heard of Northern Tools but im hoping they will..

I had to get the red hose too. I bought a regular hose and it started "sweating" oil. So I had to look for a better hose and could only find the red one. My collector is glass and I got it from Lowes.

Here's a couple pictures before I had to switch to the red hose...

Oil-Separator1.jpg

Oil-Separator2.jpg

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
In this system, the hose coming from the top of the catch can runs to a vacuum source. The bottom hose runs to a billet plug with an O-ring in the PCV hole in the manifold. There is absolutely zero oil loss with this setup. It works great!

PCV%20Catch%20Can.jpg

Paul.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i will be losing oil no matter what, i have some worn valve seals i think.. but im hopping this will stop some of the oil going through into the intake. im pretty sure im losing oil there too.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
and he is too cheap for that one Paul.

Maybe not cheap - people just have different cost/benefit relationships for their cars. :) I don't think it's unreasonable for someone not to want to spend over a hundred bucks on a PCV system. That's a lot of money for a relatively simple task. I only have mine setup this way because I'm really picky. :)

Paul.

S

scarface

Paul said:
scarface said:
and he is too cheap for that one Paul.

Maybe not cheap - people just have different cost/benefit relationships for their cars. :) I don't think it's unreasonable for someone not to want to spend over a hundred bucks on a PCV system. That's a lot of money for a relatively simple task. I only have mine setup this way because I'm really picky. :)

Paul.
no, hes cheap. He said in the beginning of the thread he only wanted to spend 22 bux.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online