Oil coming out breather

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by 19turbo95, Feb 16, 2007.

1. 19turbo95

19turbo95 New Member

Okay so I went out driving in my turbo mustang and I noticed oil coming out of my valve cover breather. Why is it doing that. I know you get blow by but I do have baffles in the valve covers. Something I should be worried about? Thanks guys.

2. scarface

scarface Guest

there are threads about FI and PCV valves...I would do a search on PCV on here and Corral. You are just building too much pressure in the crankcase.

I say search not to be a dick, but because I dont know how to explain it to you...I removed my PCV valve and vent my system to avoid it.

3. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

I had to put in an "Oil Seperator" cause my blower sucks oil out of my PCV. I also had to put in a different hose to deal with the oil sweating out of the stock hose.

I can't find my pictures of it at the moment. But if you ask, I'll look harder. I bought mine at Lowes for $15. Don't buy a $75 one from Steeda or someone. They are both the same.

4. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

I have better pictures than this but I can't find them right now.

In between the two arrows you can see my Oil Separator.

[​IMG]

5. scarface

scarface Guest

I had one I made from lowes like Gdawg, worked perfect.

6. Whistler98

Whistler98 Active Member

I made one from lowes also and mine doesn't seem to collect oil the filter inside got allittle dirty but not and oil to drain out.

7. scarface

scarface Guest

take out the filter.

8. Whistler98

Whistler98 Active Member

Will that help? I thought if I took the filter out it wouldn't trap any oil at all?

9. scarface

scarface Guest

oil is heavier than air, it will fall into the collector as it passes by. I have never run that filter, and I have run the same one on two turbo cars and one supercharged.