Oil coming out filler neck. Twin Turbo

TT94SVT

Reaction score
I am having a problem with a good amount of oil shooting out of the port on the side of the oil filler neck. This happens when I hit even just 1 lb of boost. stock pcv system in place. also my turbos have the oil pumped into the top of the oil filler cap. The oil neck hose is removed and not attached to my intake. what would be the best route to fix this problem?
also it does not happen unless the car is in boost.

Car Background
1994 Cobra
Twin turbos mid mounted
stock motor
stock pcv system

95opal

Reaction score
Dude that thing is set up all wrong. If your going to try and retain the stock pcv the fillerneck vacumm hose needs to be attached. Also you shouldnt be dumping your returns from the turbo back into the crankcase. I can tell you this, if you continue to drive like this your going to start blowing seals out.

OP
OP
T

TT94SVT

Reaction score
Dude that thing is set up all wrong. If your going to try and retain the stock pcv the fillerneck vacumm hose needs to be attached. Also you shouldnt be dumping your returns from the turbo back into the crankcase. I can tell you this, if you continue to drive like this your going to start blowing seals out.

So I should drain to the pan and then see whats still happening?

95opal

Reaction score
So I should drain to the pan and then see whats still happening?

Yes that is a must. Also straiten out your PCV set up by reconnecting your filler neck vac port back up.

OP
OP
T

TT94SVT

Reaction score
Yes that is a must. Also straiten out your PCV set up by reconnecting your filler neck vac port back up.
Thanks I really appreciate all the help. this has been a huge build. Should I put a check valve on the filler neck tube so that I don't boost the valve cover?

OP
OP
T

TT94SVT

Reaction score
How is your pcv routed
The pcv system is untouched other than the the tube that came off the filler neck. That tube has been removed. The pcv vacuum lines are all connected

95opal

Reaction score
The pcv system is untouched other than the the tube that came off the filler neck. That tube has been removed. The pcv vacuum lines are all connected

If your using a draw threw MAF just connect the filler tube back to the air ontake between the MAF and turbo. If your using a blow threw then yes a check valve is a must. You may at that point delete the pcv and run breathers or a catch can set up

OP
OP
T

TT94SVT

Reaction score
If your using a draw threw MAF just connect the filler tube back to the air ontake between the MAF and turbo. If your using a blow threw then yes a check valve is a must. You may at that point delete the pcv and run breathers or a catch can set up
I am running a blow through so it looks I will just be deleting the pcv system and running breathers

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Man, so many questions not asked before advice was given. Is the car tuned? What pcv valve are you using? Did the car smoke before the turbos were put on? How many miles on the engine? The pcv vent line(the one from the valve cover to the intake tube) should NOT be connected anywhere on the system, it should be vented and the PCV valve should either be removed, or a motorcraft 88 turbo coupe valve should be used. I prefer to vent to a catch can personally. I don't use PCV on the off chance the valve fails and the crankcase will get pressurized with whatever pounds of boost you are running. If left connected with the 88 turbo coupe valve, the other end can remain vented as the tuner will compensate for this at idle. Actually, with larger injectors for forced induction it actually helps lean out the idle a bit and lets pressure out of the crankcase when boost is applied.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online