Oil Cooler Gasket

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new oil cooler gasket for my '95 Cobra and so far have come up empty handed. I talked to the Ford dealer i work at and they said Ford has discontinued the part, does anyone know where I might be able to buy a new gasket?

ryclef331

Reaction score
If it were ME, I'd ditch the oil cooler all together....unless you do any road racing of something but honestly, when was the last time you heard of a motor failure in a 5.0 b/c the "oil got too hot." The benefits....you can ditch the lines and everything ugly and NOW you can run a BIGGER GT style filter.

the fl1a filter is for any old 5.0
the 5.0 cobra oil filter is the fl-300

Just pull off the filter, unbolt the oil "cooler" block from the bolt. NOW, a standard FL1A Motorcraft filter will bolt RIGHT on! As for the line, remove them all together and get a small "L" shaped heater hose to go from the T-Stat housing to the rigid heater core lines (JUST LIKE on a GT). Its that simple.

Now, IF you need to seal if up and you insist on keeping it, I'd try the O-Ring off an old oil filter bolted down between the cooler block and engine block.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Removing the cooler altogether is an option. Where exactly did you say I'd have to connect with the hose? I'm not too familiar with the cooling system.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I'm about to hit the sack BUT if I forget to get back to you, remind me with a PM, and I'll get you a picture as to how to hook it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online