oil in the intake, anyone else?

94yellow50

Reaction score
So end of last fall I swapped to fox style throttle body and a volley systemax 2. Ever since I get oil that is coming out of the throttle body and dripping on the valve cover then running onto the exhaust. I need to get this fixed before I get the car out this spring. Anyone have suggestions? I got a new pcv valve to try. And I have an air/oil separator to add in line if needed. Anyone else run across this? I'm not sure if it did it with the cobra intake n stock style tb setup. With the blade opening sideways instead of up n down it creates a place for the oil to seep out on bottom now where as before it was solid on the bottom. So its tough to say if the intake caused it or not.

kb1982

Reaction score
I run the same intake and tb and have / had the same problem. It will only seep oil out the tb when you shut it off, otherwise its getting burned in the cylinders while running. I pulled the pcv hose from the intake and didnt have that problem anymore, so I installed an oil separator to catch it.

Addermk2

Reaction score
You have excessive blow-by. The solution is simple. Rebuild your engine.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

RichV

Reaction score
Off chance, had a similar issue. Right below the PCV is a oil galley plug. Mine was not plugged (new motor), it shot oil up to the PCV and got into everything. Took a while for all the oil to find it's way out.

I would also verify the new one works right, and you have the bottom screen installed.

Is it coming out of the actual intake manifold? Or the intake rubber/plastic that goes to the MAF?

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
The motor is all new. Freshly machined. New pistons new rings. The screen is in there now. Its old. I'm replacing with the new pcv valve and screen. Its weird because a friend of mine has same setup in his fox but doesn't run pcv valve. His is plugged n runs breathers n his gets oil in the intake as well.

Addermk2

Reaction score
The motor is all new. Freshly machined. New pistons new rings. The screen is in there now. Its old. I'm replacing with the new pcv valve and screen. Its weird because a friend of mine has same setup in his fox but doesn't run pcv valve. His is plugged n runs breathers n his gets oil in the intake as well.

Less than 5000 miles?

If so, some oil burning is normal.

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
Well its less than 5k. It had about 126 on the original motor. Now its just under 129. The car doesn't get driven a huge amount. That's also over the course of 2 years.. I read on another site about someone using two pcv valves. One at the front of the valve cover, so as to not be pulling all the way to the back of the block for the whole motor. That example said their problem went away.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Well its less than 5k. It had about 126 on the original motor. Now its just under 129. The car doesn't get driven a huge amount. That's also over the course of 2 years.. I read on another site about someone using two pcv valves. One at the front of the valve cover, so as to not be pulling all the way to the back of the block for the whole motor. That example said their problem went away.

That might have been me. I WAS running two valves for a while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online