oil leak problems

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
Upon doing my clutch swap on my 94 gt, I discovered that my rear crank shaft seal is leaking. Has anyone ever changed this, what does it all involve? It is leaking right where the flywheel bolts up. I wouldn't think that you would have to tear apart the bottom of the engine, but who knows. ???

OP
OP
B

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
yes, i mean the rear main seal. It looks like it would just pop out. I'm also wondering how much of a pain in the a$$ it would be to take off the engine oil pan. anybody tried this lately?

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
Yeah all my friends with 5.0 and i all have rear main leak.... lol were in HS so we are broke as hell and it is about number 999999999 on my list of things to do... lol not really just waiting for damn stock clutch to got out, almost 190,000 and it hass never slipped even with oil from the rear main lol.... stupid ford doesnt know when to break :p

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To take out the pan my mechanic had to lift my motor a few inches, it could of been done without but its a pita. You ask why he pulled it? He broke the end of my dipstick off in there lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.