Oil Pan Gasket replacement

jasonchavez214

Reaction score
I have a 94 GT with a leaking oil pan gasket. Can I change out the gasket without removing the k-member? Any tips or links are greatly appreciated. I'm a complete newbie to working on a car... but love a challenge and an looking forward to doing this myself.

Werecow

Reaction score
You can without removing the k-member, but that entails removing the engine... The double hump oil pan will keep you from doing one without the other...

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a YouTube video of two guys swapping the oil pan gasket without dropping the K-member. It’s pretty dicey but they did it. Personally, I wouldn’t feel confident that it was seated right and/or that both surfaces were clean and devoid of previous gasket material do I had the K-member dropped and installed properly. Also gives me the confidence that it was done right and don’t have to redo it.

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
I have a 94 , my oil pan gasket had blown out in a spot, apparently a common problem from clogged Pcv valves. I was able to jack the engine up enough to drop the pan enough to replace the gasket. Didn’t unbolt the trans or kmember.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson