oil pressure issue

Austinx56

Reaction score
so when I first drive my car for about 10 minutes of driving the oil pressure reads fine but after that when im at idle it drops to nothing then when i go it goes back to normal, could this be the oil pressure sensor i bought one but have not put it in yet....

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Most likely the sensor sending unit on the side of the engine close to the filter ... Cheap fix you may even see that it's leaking a big someone else on here just had this problem ... Happened on my car before too

RichV

Reaction score
When the gauge goes down, do you hear any change of engine sound. As in louder ticking?

Could be a sensor, but this is no good until you know for sure. Replace it ASAP, can you get a real gauge on it temporarily just to verify? Or at least open up the oil filter and check for metal flakes?

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
When the gauge goes down, do you hear any change of engine sound. As in louder ticking?

Could be a sensor, but this is no good until you know for sure. Replace it ASAP, can you get a real gauge on it temporarily just to verify? Or at least open up the oil filter and check for metal flakes?

no ticking or nothing, im replacing the sensor and GD its a pain in the ass, trying to disconnect the switch, my sensor is caked in dirt and oil

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online