Oil Pressure Sending unit

chado31

Reaction score
I am getting my 331 together and was wondering if I am running an Auto meter oil pressure gauge can I hook the stock wire to the autometer sending unit? Will the computer read the signal prperly or do I need to T off the line and run both sending units, one to the comp and the other to the new gauge?

Thanks in advance for the help

ryclef331

Reaction score
You can use THE WIRE but thats where it ends. The autometer sending unit will not send out the same signal as the stock gauge. You can hook the wire car's wire to the Autometer sending unit and then find that wire under the dash cut it, and hook it up to the autometer gauge. The stock gauge and sending unit are shit.

OP
OP
C

chado31

Reaction score
Thanks, I am running an Autometer gauge as well, my question is does the stock sensor need to be in place and hooked up to send a signal to the computer?

95opal

Reaction score
If you dont want the gauge in the dash cluster to be dead then you need to Run a T on the autometer sender and the stocker. Plug the stock wire into the stock sender and then run a new wire from the autometer sender to the autometer gauge. In this fasion both the stock and autometer will be working properly. If you dont care about having a dead gauge on your dash cluster then remove the stock sender and put in the autometer. Then run a wire from the sender to the autometer gauge. :thumb:

ryclef331

Reaction score
the computer will be fine. the oil pressure signal is not sent to the ecu.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online