Oil temp gauge

RSB95

Reaction score
I was thinkn bout putting a oil temp gauge in my 95 anybody ever done it? Where is a good place to put the sending unit?
Thanks, shane

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its not hard. Most people just pull the sending unit that is up by the filter that drives the dashes gauge. Your stock gauge will not register anymore but the new one will show an exact temp. If you want both you can use some brass fittings to make a T to hold both but its tight on space.

RichV

Reaction score
The OE location is good for pressure, but not so much for temperature. Since the oil is not flowing, you're just not getting a good temperature indication.

Best spots are outlet of your oil cooler (if you have one), or a welded bung in the pan.

Any particular reason you're looking to monitor oil temp?

OP
OP
R

RSB95

Reaction score
Not really thought it would be cool, and tryn to fill up a gauge pod..lol

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not really thought it would be cool, and tryn to fill up a gauge pod..lol

Put a boost gauge there. With supporting mods ;) Like RichV said, it's not the best place, but you could Tee off where the pressure is obtained, down by the filter. Install an extension hose and Tee it off. Personally, I would not recommend disabling the oil pressure gauge, even if you have the stock one. Oil pressure is very important to the life of the engine, and you'll want to know if you are losing pressure.

Consider filling the pod with a coolant temp sensor, if you don't already have one. You'll get a lot better resolution than the stock one.

OP
OP
R

RSB95

Reaction score
Yea I have the Saleen style pod on the dash with oil pres. And water temp. I was wanting to get the pod around the factory gauges with the two extra gauge pod holes and puting air/fuel and oil temp or maybe intake temp rather than air/fuel ratio.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to do gauges...

DSCF1059.jpg

:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99