OK Guys Help!!!

BillG

Reaction score
Ok guys here's what I got. Couple of issues need help resolving so I can fire this puppy up.95 Mustang.jpg

Ok first intel. Its a 95 convertible with a cobra under the hood. Issues I'm having are as follows.

1) Missing what may be a vacuum line under the intake and cant find
2) The EGR tube from manifold to exhaust looks like it was cut or broke clean. Wondering what options are for replacement and removal.
3) There is what looks to be a vacuum cluster with red and green lines that have looked to have broken. They are located passenger side front fender close to air box any clues.
4) Top intake bolts. Can anyone send me pics of there upper intake throttle body so I can see if I can figure out what bolts are used to hold it down.

Would have been nice of the guy who took it apart to have put the bolts with parts but now such luck. Now I'm close to firing it up and the little things are getting me. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Red and green lines do need to be fixed ,you can fix them with small vacuum tube rubber , green to EGR , red to fuel regulator , the red vacuum on regulator gives fuel
Pressure

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
Red and green lines do need to be fixed ,you can fix them with small vacuum tube rubber , green to EGR , red to fuel regulator , the red vacuum on regulator gives fuel
Pressure
Thanks for info on that. That was a real concern cause I had no idea where they went from that cluster by the front fender.

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
throttle body bolted to intake with studs
Could be the studs are to long or they are backed out to far
You need them equal length to get a nut ,washer , lock washer and throttle body on

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
throttle body bolted to intake with studs
Could be the studs are to long or they are backed out to far
You need them equal length to get a nut ,washer , lock washer and throttle body on
these are just really long bolts 2 with flanged ends and 2 with washers. I wish it was studs it would be so much easier.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
To loosen or tighten a stud
put 2 nuts on stud tighten the nuts on each other tight
Turn the out side nut in to screw it in
Or turn outside nut outward to loosen
Note nuts must be center of stud

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
To loosen or tighten a stud
put 2 nuts on stud tighten the nuts on each other tight
Turn the out side nut in to screw it in
Or turn outside nut outward to loosen
Note nuts must be center of stud
I don't have any studs on the intake throttle body. I just have long
You can remove and use the right size bolts
There are no studs in the intake for throttle body. Just like your pics I have long bolts. Two are bolts with washers and two that are flanged. Cant figure out what goes where cause didn't take the deal a apart.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ah, mismatched hardware. That is a pain and I, for one, used “all thread” (threaded rod) to made my own intake studs and TB studs back when I had my 5.0. It was a fairly straightforward affair with the only real headache being the TB adaptor elbow.

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
Ah, mismatched hardware. That is a pain and I, for one, used “all thread” (threaded rod) to made my own intake studs and TB studs back when I had my 5.0. It was a fairly straightforward affair with the only real headache being the TB adaptor elbow.
Sad thing is they swear its the stock bolts but I cant for the life of me figure out pattern. I'm ordering new EGR exhaust tube to cover damaged tube. Always the little things that hold things up.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I don't have any studs on the intake throttle body. I just have long

There are no studs in the intake for throttle body. Just like your pics I have long bolts. Two are bolts with washers and two that are flanged. Cant figure out what goes where cause didn't take the deal a apart.
Sorry about that mix up
Did not realize hardware was wrong . Not knowing where the bolts go or how they go
Is a pain especially when you are not removing them and it's new to you

Silver95bird

Reaction score
green usually is egr solenoid to the valve, red ones are usually constant vacuum. egr solenoid, smog (if that still has tab/tad solenoids on the pass fender like my wifes 86gt), fuel regulator, the evap canister inside the wheel liner in the back, PCV, and the line for the brake booster/ a/c system. I can't think of anything else vacuum.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
green usually is egr solenoid to the valve, red ones are usually constant vacuum. egr solenoid, smog (if that still has tab/tad solenoids on the pass fender like my wifes 86gt), fuel regulator, the evap canister inside the wheel liner in the back, PCV, and the line for the brake booster/ a/c system. I can't think of anything else vacuum.
Sounds right coming out of fender by the air box it has a separation red green white

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just happen to have one of the moates chips with that feature already turned off and a little timing added. It was done when I threw a b303 cam in and it ran like a champ. If your in an area that doesn’t do emissions like that and you want the chip let me know. I won’t need it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what about the blend door?

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
I just happen to have one of the moates chips with that feature already turned off and a little timing added. It was done when I threw a b303 cam in and it ran like a champ. If your in an area that doesn’t do emissions like that and you want the chip let me know. I won’t need it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for offer. Once I get motor running and make sure there are no underlying issues with it I will check with my local garage that does my inspections and see what I can get away with. I think everything here in NC is safety inspection no emissions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrence