Ok Kenne bell bretheren or anyone boosted HELP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
OK mind you i have a 1.5L twin screw KB on a stock internal 5.0 on a 95 at 11psi. with 19lbs injectors. My car has become incresingly harder to start, when i putt putt around town it feels like something is drawing the motor and power back. and when i get on it hard in 2 or 3rd the car starts bogging and popping, then dies, then i turn the key on and hold it for about 15sec before it will fire back up, and it gargles alot give it a few revs then its fine to putt putt around. what could this be? im hoping injectors. but not sure.

-Paul

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I cant be any help diagnosing the problem but I can tell you for sure the 19's you have in there is way to small and could be causing the problem. Has your car been tuned? I know you got it with the blower on it but have you done anything to it sice you got it?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Hey man, not a problem, everyone is welcome to try to help trouble shoot my problems, 2 brains are better than one right? After i got the car i got it dynoed and tuned. They said i need bigger injectors and said to get 42's. Ive also done little things that shouldnt affectt this like the fan mod, i dumped hte exhuast. I cleaned the engine bay with a pressure washer, and water got on the inside of the distributer cap, i opened it up and thought i got all the water out... so im not sure it was just condensation on top of the cap.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
now don't take this the wrong way...

But what kind of retard pressure washes the engine?

if you want to clean the engine bay up spray some simple green and then lightly spray it off with the hose...lightly being the key word! If a few areas need extra attention wipe them off with a rag....Pressure washing under the hood is not a smart thing to do. Your forcing water in places it shouldn't be.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
honestly i wasnt thinking, and i was in a hurry and thinking about my dog that passed away that day. come to think of it your right, i shouldn't have done that

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
im a moron then cause i didnt know that it would really hurt my engine. i dont usually get up close when i pressure wash it, i stand back a few feet but my washer is still pretty dang powerful.. ::) thanks for lettin me know haha.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
::).........................ive used a pressure washer on my motor before, but I do know not to get it around electrical connections or any of that stuff, never had a problem because of it, just lucky I guess :dunno:

313blkstang

Reaction score
Guess I'm a moron then lol.. I pressure wash mine all the time.. thing is clean enough to eat off of.. I just leave it running while spraying it.. never had a problem and I've been doing it for like 3 years now... guess I'm lucky..

engine.jpg

And yes those hideous yellow cord things are gone, was going through an experimental phase lol.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
OK mind you i have a 1.5L twin screw KB on a stock internal 5.0 on a 95 at 11psi. with 19lbs injectors. My car has become incresingly harder to start, when i putt putt around town it feels like something is drawing the motor and power back. and when i get on it hard in 2 or 3rd the car starts bogging and popping, then dies, then i turn the key on and hold it for about 15sec before it will fire back up, and it gargles alot give it a few revs then its fine to putt putt around. what could this be? im hoping injectors. but not sure.

-Paul
I take it you're running a fmu? ...stock maf also?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
holy crap this is an old thread. july 6th i believe? Since then i yanked the FMU im running 42# injectors with a 255 Warlboro fuel pump

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online