Ok really need help.

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by dntgtbit, Jun 12, 2014.

1. dntgtbit

dntgtbit New Member

Ok my car was running great for 2 weeks. Drove it daily with no issues at all. One day I was driving home and it died. Tried to restart it, all it would do is crank. Wouldnt even begin to start. So I pulled it home. Went out the next day to mess with it. When I turned the key no power at all. I tried a new battery but when I went to hook it up it threw sparks really bad. Sounds like a grounding issue to me but I don't know where to start. Please help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

2. dntgtbit

dntgtbit New Member

Might mention its a 95 cobra supercharged, has msd ignition and battery in the trunk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

3. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

Same thing happened with my car in November. No luck yet lol. Good luck man I'll keep a check to see if you get it figured out!

4. 1bad95

1bad95 Well-Known Member

Sounds like could be a bad distributor

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

5. blackdemon007

blackdemon007 Active Member

Same thing just happened to my buddy. Starter solenoid went out and killed the battery. Replaced the starter and charged the battery. All good now. Hope this helps.

6. MecGen

MecGen New Member

I would check your positive cable from the battery to the starter, might be chaffed and shorted out. You will have to check your fuses, after the repair. Alternator short could cause this as well, with your battery disconnected remove the large 12 volt wire from it, and retry.

Good luck