Ok this may sound stupid, but I was wondering...

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
I don't have a lotta room in my lil corner of a shop, but one thing I always do when I'm done for the day, evening, whatever, I always pick up my tools and put everything back in it's spot. When I helped in the garage it was a real pet peeve of mine to spend more time trying to find tools and having to clean up nassassty tools to work with then actually getting shit done.. I've always made it a habit to keep my shit organized and clean.. Well as organized and clean as I can keep it..

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
In the picture, that looked easy. Was it tough disconnecting the Transmission Bellhousing from below? And hard getting to the Top Starter Bolt? I never had to change out the Starter on either one of our Mustangs. But, I hear the top bolt is a bear. I still do have some specialty tools, elbows and extensions, and Swivel Ratchet. That might make it easier to get to.
Yes transmission out first from the bottom
Engine with supercharger from the top

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
OOOHHH, what a job!! We have some Brave, and Smart souls on this forum. Guess I'm facing getting older. EEHH. And I noticed your guy's work areas a pretty clean, not SLOPPY.
When you work with a bunch of military people working on heavy armor vehicles all day
They make the biggest messes and stuff just laying around
I have to get them used to working the way I do
As an FSR for the military we keep these guys straight and clean working inviroment
Cleaning tools and shop daily

Connie

Reaction score
When you work with a bunch of military people working on heavy armor vehicles all day
They make the biggest messes and stuff just laying around
I have to get them used to working the way I do
As an FSR for the military we keep these guys straight and clean working inviroment
Cleaning tools and shop daily
Being in the Military, I remember how it sharpened what I already knew. That was a good thing about it...DISCIPLINE. When I rebuilt Transmissions, I couldn't imagine my work area being a mess. Plus a dirty work area could affect how the Tranny worked. I prided myself on having hardly any Comebacks. I wouldn't just pull the Front Pump and top Drum and slap it back together. Customers paid for a rebuild and that's just what they got, Top to Bottom. 'NO SHORT CUTs'.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I used to do property and liability insurance inspections on businesses,including repair shops, quick lubes, body shops, transmission shops, etc. The clean and organized ones did the best work and had the fewest claims.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just organized my garage to the point of cleaning/vacuuming my tool boxes out. Now while working on the coolant transfer tube and waiting on parts its been killing me to have things out/waiting that finally arrive today.

Boostr1

Reaction score
I like my crap laying all over the place, that way I know where everything is... I'll clean up when I'm done.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Yes mine are manual transmission
Automatic can still be removed from bottom pulled an automatic transmission from an 04 mach1 it was about the same
As a manual

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online