Ok well I need new balljoints (Get Cobra A-Arms?, what about a bumpsteer kit?)

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
but whats the real advantage of the cobra ones vs mine? I dont mind doing it since I allready have lots into my suspension I will also get a panhard bar for the rear. any bushings I should replace while im in there (front end)?

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
they come with stiffer bushings and ball joints.. alot easier than pressing out old bushings and ball joints.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
not any easier to do the bumpsteer, it just screws on and bolts to the A's

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they'er ez to install.
they're seperate than the a arms, so it's not a big deal to do them together.
it just bolts to the A.

you just need to make sure they'er threaded the same distance as stock or you'll get toe in / out.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. Well not going to do it this summer (dont think unless it gets worse/comes back) or will bad tie-rod ends cause problems if I dont attend to them right away? I think id rather wait till next summer and do both, cobra A-arms, and bumpsteer.

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
grab your tie rods, twist them. if they move easy, they are worn. if they are stiff and stay in place they are good. if they are factory and you have a 94, replace them. Do you have any uneven tire wear? same goes with the C/A bushings, they get worn and will allow your a frames to move in /out/ around. whats the worst that could happen?your balljoints could break and drop your car on the ground, your tie rods could break and no steering. both crucial parts as you can see...

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Re: Ok well I need new balljoints (Get Cobra A-Arms?, what about a bumpsteer kit

Cobra456hp said:
grab your tie rods, twist them. if they move easy, they are worn. if they are stiff and stay in place they are good. if they are factory and you have a 94, replace them. Do you have any uneven tire wear? same goes with the C/A bushings, they get worn and will allow your a frames to move in /out/ around. whats the worst that could happen. your?, your balljoints could break and drop your car on the ground, your tie rods could break and no steering. both crucial parts as you can see...

Yea, a kid I knew had that happen to his 94. The tie rod "ball" seperated and his drivers' side wheel kicked completely to the right when he was doing about 75 on the highway. He still has the car, well, atleast pieces of it.. :noes:

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well I still have low mileage on my car, I think the cause is just the fact that my car is dropped about 2" in the front. The squeak started after I was testing out my new brakes and slammed them on downhill lol.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Re: Ok well I need new balljoints (Get Cobra A-Arms?, what about a bumpsteer kit

Well I got my tie rod ends today. What kind of grease should I fill em up with?

MAXX RS4

Reaction score

I need to know guys. I'll be installing them tonight. What grease should I pump them up with?

MAXX RS4

Reaction score

Matt94GT said:
Its lithium isnt it? Your local parts store will know.

I didnt get around to installing them..,
Shouldnt it be something heavier, like some kind of black grease?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
but whats the real advantage of the cobra ones vs mine? I dont mind doing it since I allready have lots into my suspension I will also get a panhard bar for the rear. any bushings I should replace while im in there (front end)?

I have the Cobra A Arms and the difference is in the steering...it responds faster and requires less input....plus the A arms are designed to work with a lowered car and work better with a lowered suspension then the stock. I bought mine from JohnBleakleyFord for @ $137 for the set. They bolted in easily also.

Downshift

Reaction score
Better clearance for wider tires in the front from what I have heard.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score

So tonight I'm driving home with my girlfriend and BAM! The noise is back. :rant:

What the hell! I just replaced the tie-rod ends and it's starting all over. Either the new ones fubared (i doubt it's the case) or the balljoint is really the culprit.

It just doesnt make sense because evertime I'd spray down the tie rod end the squeaking would go away.. I wouldnt even touch the balljoint :dunno:

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna lift the car and inspect further. I'm truly embarassed to drive my car like this.

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
on my car it was the bushings that were squeaking. I could push down on the front end and it would make noise. everytime I would go to stop=squeak. If I went to drive somewhere I would have to spray the suspension down with water before leaving because it was so annoying. So I feel your pain....

Nick

Reaction score

I would just keep the arms you have since you know the clearance on them. I replaced my ball joints with MOOG ones from O'Rielly. They were sheap and I was able to press them in at my house. They are not that expensive, and if you're broke right nowe thats what I would do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online