Okay now... this is a problem, Help

Hicks

Reaction score
Okay, so i locked the ketys outof my car 2 times now. And my dad broke my locks both times.....

How in the WORLD
Do you get that little plastic peice on the lock off???? I got the one of my car but only by breaking it
(94-95 GT)
It doesnt have the metal peice wrapping around the lock
So i went to a junkyard and found one just sitting there, easy to get ahold of and easy to see. But yet i couldnt get the peice off the LOCK and i ended up losing the fight by breaking it and having a nastey cut on my arm...

If enyone is familier with this problem, or have had it happen to the,...
The little white peice that is right behind the Key lock... it turns the metal rod attached to the moter

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wish I could be of help to you but I have only locked my keys in my car ONCE :bunny3: :bunny3: in was in my 95GT and I did it about 8 years ago. When I did it, I called my friend that has a speed shop and he had some kind of master key set from ford that had like 10 keys in it and one of them opened the door :)

My advice would be to get a extra key and keep it at home :hammer:

if it makes you feel anybetter...........I only have one key and 1 remote to my Cobra now :-\

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
lol... the smallest peice in the door... broke... it sucks... IF i knew how to pull the small little plastic peice off id get anotherone....... but even when i went to a junkyard where i could reach the peice with tools i couldnt get it off..

Did Ford Glue that crap on or something... :(

btw we are probly going to come to Gatlinburg if yall can still put up with me by then lol.. Or do you have to be a sapporting member to come???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hicks said:
lol... the smallest peice in the door... broke... it sucks... IF i knew how to pull the small little plastic peice off id get anotherone....... but even when i went to a junkyard where i could reach the peice with tools i couldnt get it off..

Did Ford Glue that crap on or something... :(

btw we are probly going to come to Gatlinburg if yall can still put up with me by then lol.. Or do you have to be a sapporting member to come???

I dont know what the deal is on the door :dunno: maybe somebody will see this that does know. On the meet in G-Burg its open to any member. Nothing is set in stone yet but its going to be one of the last weekends of sept.

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
yea awesome! ill just have turned 18 :p !!! lol yea... you'd have to have taken your door all the way down to understand what small peice im talking about..
But basicly... when you turn the key to unlock the door theres a Clip that pushes a rod up and down. it broke... :( and i dunno how to get the clip off to replace it

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
haha m,y dads slim jim is the one who broke it in the first place :(
I dont have locks enymore... gues i just have to not go to the city

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
It wont work..
The lock itself is broke...
So... if i LOCK my door... i cant use the key to unlock it
The Keys basicly dont work..
but the locks do
if that makes sense..

Gues ill just climb in through the trunk haha

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i cant help much because i have never looked @ the lock on the inside of the door. When i have had my door panel off i was just replacing the speakers so i didnt pay any attention, but from other vehicles i have had the clip on the rod usually pops off when moved to the right or left (look @ it too see which way it can go) and they are usually "pressed" in a hole on the other side so it might be a pain to get out. I dunno if thats the way our cars or not. I have a spare key for the stang in my wallet incase, but i havent locked myself out yet. Used to do it ocassionally in my ford pickup which was easy cuz it has a sliding glass window i can get into fairly easily. I am fairly good using a coat hanger to unlock doors. Never done it to one of my own but had several friends/ family members that i did it for.

ryclef331

Reaction score
If you have broken the lock cylinders (like mine) then hopefully you have keyless entry. If you bought your car used, and don't have the remote, you may wanna find out if you do or not. Mine are STILL broke (so no my key NOR your coat hangar work...aside from pulling the window back). You have to replace the lock cylinders all together on the doors to get them back to working.... sorry but its true.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I know the white plastic piece you speak of. I wanted to swap it out on my gf's T-bird, but didn't know how.
I believe what ryclef said is correct, you need to replace the entire lock cylinder.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you have power locks its so easy to get into a stang, coat hanger, push it by the rubber and window at the top and hit the unlock button, have a buddy guide you from the other window.

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
if you have power locks its so easy to get into a stang, coat hanger, push it by the rubber and window at the top and hit the unlock button, have a buddy guide you from the other window.

Wow good times, I did this on me and my gf first date, which was PROM!! I was like yeaaaaaaaa we can't leave right now. Then I show her my keys sitting on my seat. What Matt94GT said, clothes hangar.

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
lol i hope they make a remote for my model.... it would help alot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah