Old school Rear Window Louvers for a modern Mustang

carid

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Rear window louvers is an original styling accessorie which was popular back in the days when muscle cars were born. With this E&G louvers you can add a bit of old school sport style to you Mustang.
They are made of durable impact resistant ABS plastic and installs in minutes.
There are few finishes on your choice:

Unpainted or Factory Black finish

MSI® - Rear Window Louvers

Side window louvers are also available!

We have them for pretty much all 1965-2015 models of the Mustang.
Select window louvers for your model on the following page: http://www.carid.com/ford-mustang-window-louvers/
You can also read more about MSI on our website here.

What do you think about these Rear Window Louvers on a modern Mustang?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. It doesn't really seem to fit well with the styling. I personally like the little spoiler lip thing at the transition of roof to rear window better (granted, it is going for a different look and theoretically a different function). But I'm sure there are some folks that will totally dig the louvers :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wanted to like them enough I got a set of metal ones when I came across them. I never actually mounted them up though only mocked them up I could not like them enough from there to go forward with mounting them.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Even the rounded louvers don't seem to flow well on our cars. There's something about them that always seems gaudy.

OP
OP
carid

carid

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Style components like Window louvers, hood scoops, or spoilers are often controversial. Even though the majority of the SN95 owners may not like it, others who do find it attractive, know where to find it now.
If you guys are looking for any other body or performance parts - let us know, we will be glad to help!

Mustanger

Reaction score
They really enhanced my 69 Mach 1 back then & I have seen the metal ones on the New Edge Mustangs & they look really good on them...I've been trying to like them on our SN 95's & am partially there. The rounded off plastic ones always looked cheap & funny to me & I'd never buy them for any car. MRT & Roush came out with a metal duplicate set that was an exact duplicate of the originals that louver fans loved...I would love to see & handle yours to compare but pics will have to suffice I suppose.

You got the styling right on yours! The side angles are perfect & they go down far enough to the bottom...good job guys. Do they flip up for cleaning? ( I haven't gone to your site yet but I will.) On our rounded SN95's the look is a bit different but I think yours could grow on me, on the S197's & up you nailed it!

They would look killer on this car... and thanks for being a sponsor!!!

2015GT350.jpg

GT3502015.jpg

OP
OP
carid

carid

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Yes sure, the louvers that we offer can easily flip up for cleaning! Thanks for the pictures, we're expecting to get a lot of fresh aftermarket addons for the S550 mustang. White-blue color combination looks really classy on both brand new and SN95 mustangs.
By the way you are all welcome to my.carid.com - a fast growing social network for car fans and enthusiasts. You can create a profile of your car, get thumbs up from other drivers and follow other interesting projects and build threads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online