On my Way

voidfinger

Reaction score
Well guys i'm on my way to swapping a 4v into my 98 gt. :dancing6: I just confirmed sale on ebay of my new computer wiring harness, engine harness, power harness, and a 97 Cobra Computer that has a performance tune on it already. ^-^ The ebay had a really high rating and he stated that it was pulled from a bondarant car. So i'm happy, and well on my way. Hopefully when they get here ill post up some pics if i can find out how to. :hammer:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
awesome post some pics of the build give us an idea watcha really doin :thumb:

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Ok i will definitly post some pics, i need to find a digital cam lol. Anyway, what would you all do if this was you. Would you keep the IMRC's or would you buy some that are deleted? thanks

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's sweet Voidfinger!

I look foreward to your build thread ;D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
great, you will love the rev happy nature of the 4 valve motor compared to the 2 valve, post lots of pics of this........it should make for a great tech thread

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol tech thread huh :hammer: more like an idiot fuddling through a motor swap lol. I'm not gonna lie guys its going to be a slow process and when i get all the stuff together i'm going to do the swap in a weekend and then get it tuned at a dyno place. The computer is worring me though, since i have no clue what the tune is on it....... :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol tech thread huh :hammer: more like an idiot fuddling through a motor swap lol. I'm not gonna lie guys its going to be a slow process and when i get all the stuff together i'm going to do the swap in a weekend and then get it tuned at a dyno place. The computer is worring me though, since i have no clue what the tune is on it....... :dunno:

take pics, post your questions, and it will be easy 8)

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
voidfinger said:

take pics, post your questions, and it will be easy 8)

Roger that. o and i'm bidding on a 97 intake with deleted IMRC plates as we speak lol. its a cool piece, it's been powdercoated silver and looks really clean and no runner mods.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
awesome man! that is going to a very nice swap... mad props for attempting somethin like that lol. good luck to you and cant wait for pics! good luck bro!

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
mad props for attempting somethin like that lol. good luck to you and cant wait for pics! good luck bro!

well i might be wrong but i don't think its going to be that big of a deal man, I've swapped a couple 5.0's into four banger chassis and it wasn't that bad, since now everything is basically the same. Like motor mounts, driveshaft length, and most motor stuff. "I'm hopeing that it won't be that big of a problem" I would really like to find a stock 98 cobra computer though since the more i think about it the more i don't like the idea of that "Retuned" computer i got. I want it to crank when i finish instead of trailering it to the dyno tuner place. :( o well it will be pretty :pimp: after i'm through i just hope the process isn't :eek:utofcloset: lol

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
this is some pics. I have a question, this isn't the intake that i'll be buying but what is the things attached to it. I notice the IAC and the PCV but what is the other stuff.

the first pic is of wiring harness

second is the intake lid and the stuff i don't know what it is.

Ok now the third, i need the imrc controler and working plates like this.

forth, this is the computer harness.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Some more, pics. I'm just posting up some ebay pics of the items lol.

1st. This is the computer i won off ebay.
2nd. This is the motor that i "almost" got since they f'n sold it under my nose.
3rd. This is the fuel rails that i'm bidding on
4th. This the the intake, maf, and k&n FIPK that i won for 50 bucks.
5th. This is the intake i'm bidding on. hmmmmm powdercoated. I think i'm getting them coated black though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet man, your on your way.

You've got many weeks of ratcheting, wiring and getting more parts, and more parts... lol.

I always liked the cobra intake manifold.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I always liked the cobra intake manifold.

yea thats the only reason i'm going with the b heads lol, i love the intake on that thing and they look so good powdercoated. If you seen big tops on corrals motor its powdered orange and its killer. and your right many many moons worth of collecting parts and ratcheting lol.

****Attention**** I was sitting in class a little while ago and came up with some questions to ask. to see if anyone knows

1st. Vacuum Lines.......Is there any difference in the vacuum system?

2nd. Brake System........Is mine ok since i think the cobra has somekinda hydro boost or does the 98 have it? thanks

3rd. Engine Accessories.... Will the mark 8 engine acc. work with the cobra and the cobra harness?

4th. Altinator Braket.......Is the mark 8 bracket the same as ill need for the cobra or will i have to find one.....?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online