On3 96 Cobra 8475 Gen2 Ff turbo install

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got around to welding the aluminum intake pipe to the throttle body today. So glad I can finally get into boost without worrying if a temporary coupler was going to let go.

Had a great day letting some family and friends let me take them for some mild pulls.

Here soon it will be time to up the boost.

Sorry no videos...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smokey burnout vids or ban!!!!!!!!!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
Smokey burnout vids or ban!!!!!!!!!! [emoji23]

Well I was going to get you a video today I swear but then again my turbo isnt big enough... jk but I did have to park it for now.

Merge pipe burnt a hole in an oil line. I'm not surprised to be honest as I routed them years ago all motor. The mergepipe is already wrapped and I knew the oil line had already suffered from the heat prior to the wrap so definitely not surprised. That's what I get for not doing it before having too much fun.

New lines will be rerouted differently so shouldn't run into this issue but it will still be close in a few spots due to them meeting the engine block.

Anyway. Next question. What's the best hose option to go for oil and that has heat protection? And from your experience should I wrap it with something like Parkers FS heat wrap or like aluminum wrap or? Parkers FS series wrap I could easily get as I used to work for a builder/distributor and still have the connections.

Thoughts are welcome

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t ran into that problem before with previous turbo cars. Always had a good route to stay away. I’d say if it’s totally unavoidable then try a good insulated heat wrap and hope for the best. Otherwise look for a routing that doesn’t crossover but keep in mind you always want the oil lines as short as possible to keep from having pressure problems.

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
Got the oil lines rerouted so that issue is gone. Wouldnt have been an issue if I had just done it when I noticed I'd likely need to.

Looks like I've got a small rear main leak. Cant tell if it's the rtv from the plate or the main seal so I'll be redoing both.

Also replaced my driveshaft bolts to the rear. They were wore out and not wanting to stay tight. Also found the pinion seal is starting to leak. Yay me. Its leak fixing time.

Once that's done I'll be turning the boost up to max on these springs and go from there.

jfisher

Reaction score
Going wayyy back here. How did this car end up? Ever mount the turbo support bracket? And what exactly did you do with the ABS to allow the passenger side WG to clear?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Going wayyy back here. How did this car end up? Ever mount the turbo support bracket? And what exactly did you do with the ABS to allow the passenger side WG to clear?

Man, he hasn’t been around for a few years now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online