On3 or build your own

Caboose302

Reaction score
^ *gasps* YODA!!!!!

I believe you....

qasuzymy.jpg

nightfire

Reaction score
Ok so granted I'm new to the turbo idea, but why does it say the forward facing kit is recommended for auto trans but the regular kit doesn't say anything?

Because the headers are facing the front of the car and not the rear. Picture your stock headers...now flip them so they face the front. The headers and hot side piping come no where near the tranny. The regular kit also fits an auto but I suppose its simply a marketing gimmick for the forward-facing kit

nightfire

Reaction score
He has a point, I had an issue with their injectors and had to buy a new set of 60 pounders :/ and I didn't buy new ones from them .... Also the wastegate came with the kit, no issue, but my BOV was not from them either so I guess its not 100%On3 but yea

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

A LOT of people had issues with the injectors. They also had issues with the wastegates failing. I would personally prefer a reputable brand like ID, FRPP, or Siemens Deka for injectors instead of "On3 Performance injectors". Same for the wastegates and whatnot. These parts are VERY important in the functionality of a turbo system, why skimp on them?

Addermk2

Reaction score
The biggest failing I have seen with the kit, is Tue hardware set for the wastegate. They supply a vac nipple that bolts on with a banjo fitting. This needs to be replaced with a straight m10 vac barb. The quality of the fitting supplied just sucks.

Having a leak at that fitting will cause the car to over-boost.

yba9ara4.jpg

Caboose302

Reaction score
Not sure what the OP's friends setup is and this may or may not help, but what are the advantages/ disadvantages of putting a turbo on a manual vs an automatic? I see a lot of people using turbos on autos and Superchargers on manuals.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
A LOT of people had issues with the injectors. They also had issues with the wastegates failing. I would personally prefer a reputable brand like ID, FRPP, or Siemens Deka for injectors instead of "On3 Performance injectors". Same for the wastegates and whatnot. These parts are VERY important in the functionality of a turbo system, why skimp on them?

Yea I was pretty upset about it, when we turned her over for the first time the injectors were already shot, before I even got to to anything with the car, I was pretty pissed about that cause 60 pound injectors aint cheap.. and yea like I said sooo far my wastegate is good, I have a nice big OBX BOV and love it... but my MAF has been giving issue with the turbo wont lie, but I bought a msd map sensor for it to tune it separately.. wasn't expense, but yea my kit wasn't 100% perfect to install... but I never seen many projects of any sort ever go fully as planned so overall I cant complain... as long as the turbo doesn't go next year when she gets truly pushed, im good lol

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I have also bought a on3 performance kit for my car but I have a hks ssq bov, tial waste gate , just gotta grab some 60lb injectors and some good v bands

hondarocks61

Reaction score
FWIW my kit fits pretty nice and the quality seems good. we will see. I still dont think you can beat it for the price...

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Kyle no shit I had no idea that's what you were rockin brotha. Yeah I mean if you run it in its stock form and you're only looking for the 400rwhp then you really don't need to replace anything.. But when your building the engine and shooting for 700+ then obviously I can see upgrading shit. But yeah I'm beginning to think he should run the on3. Only time will tell how they perform

Sent from my SCH-I605

nightfire

Reaction score
Not sure what the OP's friends setup is and this may or may not help, but what are the advantages/ disadvantages of putting a turbo on a manual vs an automatic? I see a lot of people using turbos on autos and Superchargers on manuals.

Auto's will generally build boost quick and quite a bit of it ,depending on stall converter. They will also keep boost up between shifts. Turbo automatics are downright nasty.

ElKabong197

Reaction score
Holding boost through a shift makes the auto worth it over a manual.

Sent from my Galaxy S fizzledizzle using Tapatizzile Twizzle

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't lift off the throttle while shifting so I has no issue ... Yea Joey I made the move and bought the kit just last month , trying to go faster and have a lot more fun with the car this year

ElKabong197

Reaction score
WOT shifting is a time bomb for your trans unless you have a WOT box.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm digging this idea myself now. Shit buy it cheap from lmr.. Get the k member and fuel upgrades.. and your only a few hundred more than a centri. Not a bad option if I decide to go fi eventually.

Kyle definitely keep me posted on your opinions of the kit. Your a guy that knows his shit. Wonder if they sell the pipe for the bullitt? I'm not changing my intake manifold. Love the top end freight train mode with it

Sent from my SCH-I605

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
WOT shifting is a time bomb for your trans unless you have a WOT box.

You sir are wrong .... Wot box's are for pussies plain and simple ...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm digging this idea myself now. Shit buy it cheap from lmr.. Get the k member and fuel upgrades.. and your only a few hundred more than a centri. Not a bad option if I decide to go fi eventually.

Kyle definitely keep me posted on your opinions of the kit. Your a guy that knows his shit. Wonder if they sell the pipe for the bullitt? I'm not changing my intake manifold. Love the top end freight train mode with it

Sent from my SCH-I605

More then easy enough to modify to work

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'll be watching this. Maybe it will decide which way I go. I'm leaning towards a Procharger simply because I'm not giving up my manual, but if this turns out well, I may have to reconsider.
And let me know if you have to cut the inner fender to fit the pipe. The guy I bought my 95 from was setting it up for turbo and he had to enlarge a hole in the fender for the piping. That may be the deciding factor as well.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea you still have to big deal , these cars are worth sweet **** all anyways so big deal cutting the inner fender ...

Caboose302

Reaction score
Nah I'm good. My car is semi-rare so I want to be able to put it back to stock in the future.
The 95 on the other had... Already has the opening... Soooo looks like she'll be getting the kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online