Onto the next one

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've been on here. My car's remained the same since last summer, and is now pending sale. If I can work things out financially, I'm hoping to bring a new car up to school with me at the end of this month. Now, that being said, I don't have a large budget. I think i might have found a good deal, as this posting was listed over a month ago, and has not yet been sold. I'd like some input from you guys, thanks!

Edit: Also, this is the first car I've considered purchasing through a private seller, so, if someone could give me some pointers as to what I should be looking for, and what I should pay for the car, that would be terrific.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4545519856.html

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hi belber! Don't sell the sixxxer!

But actually, keep it until you're done. Not wise to blow the little money you have (assuming student life) on something you're not 100% satisfied with. Especially when you're trying to upgrade on minimal money, might end up with a lemon and have no money to fix.

Just my input.

As for what to look for with used vehicles. Well look for signs of wear and abuse, also pride of workmanship. If you don't get a good feeling, don't buy. Inspections are worth the money on a car you're serious about.

RichV

Reaction score
What up! Glad to see you back!

not a bad deal on the 99. Obviously needs to be checked out. What's up with that funky intake. Looks like some home brewed crap.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's not bad car for the price . The paint could use some work but I think it's not bad and you could prolly get him down a good amount on the price

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Hi belber! Don't sell the sixxxer!

But actually, keep it until you're done. Not wise to blow the little money you have (assuming student life) on something you're not 100% satisfied with. Especially when you're trying to upgrade on minimal money, might end up with a lemon and have no money to fix.

Just my input.

As for what to look for with used vehicles. Well look for signs of wear and abuse, also pride of workmanship. If you don't get a good feeling, don't buy. Inspections are worth the money on a car you're serious about.
yeah no, I'm deal hunting right now man! no way I'm buying a project. looking for someone willing to let go of a car for cheaper than they should cause they can't sell. not buying unless it's mechanically sound.

What up! Glad to see you back!

not a bad deal on the 99. Obviously needs to be checked out. What's up with that funky intake. Looks like some home brewed crap.
yeah looks like it aha. that's not a hard fix though.

It's not bad car for the price . The paint could use some work but I think it's not bad and you could prolly get him down a good amount on the price
yeah i'm hoping the camera quality has a lot to do with how it looks, but i'll know when i go to see it. how low do you think i could get him down to?

Edit: also, is it unwise to daily drive a car that's about to rollover 100k? My parents have always bought cars used but with low miles and sold them and got new cars when they reached ~60k, so I'm not quite sure how it goes with dailying older high-ish mile vehicles.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As long as the car has been well taken care of/maintained regularly, and not beat on, dailying it should not be an issue... especially with a 2V. Those engines just keep going and going.

I'd offer $5000 for the car and explain to him that headlights are atrocious.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was going to say offer him 5k ... Let's be real here it's a mustang and they've all been beat on it's just have they been maintained .

chris91

Reaction score
Thats a real 35th anniversary car. And its the rarest of colors they offered on them too. Id ask where the hood scoop went. The 35th scoops are a half inch shorter than the 01+ scoops.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Thats a real 35th anniversary car. And its the rarest of colors they offered on them too. Id ask where the hood scoop went. The 35th scoops are a half inch shorter than the 01+ scoops.
interesting... good to know. thanks chris.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I say go for it dude ... You need a v8 in your life ...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online