Opcon Autorotor Twin Screw Supercharger

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by Trill Gear Head, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Trill Gear Head

Trill Gear Head New Member

I've never herd of this? it was braught to my attention that this supercharger and that their are only a couple people with them. I am very intriguied by this. More info please!!!! prices on kits and would it fit on a 96-97 cobra?

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Intresting I know nothing about these either, never heard of em...?!

3. Trill Gear Head

Trill Gear Head New Member

Really? it was in the 95 supercharger thread. heres a quote

Thats where i herd it from, Opcon/Autorotor it caught my eye because i love the idea of positive displacement i.e. twin screw, forget twin-screw's bastardized cousin roots style s/c. I am very interested b/c KB is a tad bit expensive and if theirs another company that makes one comparable to it for less the price than i would be interested. I'm sort of biast when it comes to centrifugal s/c and twin-screw(like the low end power). I never herd of this company until i read that post so thats what i want to learn about.

4. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Oh yea I remember that thread now...hopefully he chimes in.

5. 5.0splash

5.0splash New Member

6. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

the KB uses the autorotor :)

7. 94twinscrew

94twinscrew Active Member

Sorry for the confusion man,......You would still need to have a set of manifolds to make it worthwhile. Like said earlier, Opcon/Autorotor is the manufactuer of all Kb compressors. But kb only chooses to use a certain handfull of displacement cases with their kits....i.e, 1.5,1.7,2.2,2.4. Autorotor also has race specific 1.8,2.0,and 2.4's that have a more aggressive profile.....which tends to overboost past their desired bar rate. I get a lot of stuff at cost,and can do group purchases also.

8. 95fiveoh

95fiveoh New Member

yes, autoroter first got their start by building compressors to pressureize air plain cabins and kenne bell adapated them to cars and the rest is history. Autoroter makes the compressor and kenne bell puts the manafolds, snouts, bypasses etc. to make them bolt on to what the kit calls for.