Opinion?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok well a friend of mine bought an A-pillar pod *3 gauges* and decided he didnt want it and switched to a 2 gauge. He told me he would sell me the BRAND NEW 3 gauge pod for 20 bucks which im going to buy. then yesterday while at work he told me he just bought a BBK cold air intake like a week ago for like 160 and doesnt want it anymore and has already ordered and installed a new one. he told me for 75 bucks i could have the new BBK cold air intake and the pod. im going to do it but is BBK a good company for cold air intakes? i mean ill have it on there till i get a new one later. i want to get a FIPK from K&N but thats not going to happen anytime soon since im strapped for cash. so go for it and get them both or no?

Ender

Reaction score
I've heard of many people having problems with the BBK and similar cold air kits because the put a bend right before the MAF, which causes the readings to be off. I think cold air kits are a waste of money anyways, the stock inlet is already set up to draw air from the fenderwell.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
mine isnt. mine is inside the motor but not in the fenderwell. they make them that go into the fenderwell which would be the best to get but my stock one isnt like that.

Ender

Reaction score
You should have a rubber piece that pulls air from the fenderwell into the airbox. If that's gone, the opening in the airbox is still right next to the fenderwell opening drawing cool air. By all means get a cold air kit if you want, but just realize that it is mostly cosmetic, and some have been known to cause MAF issues. I run the stock inlet and a paper filter in my car, I don't feel that it's worth the money and risks for the minimal gain that may come from a cold air kit.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
hrm... i just figured since it was only like 50 bucks and it sells new for 160. idk ill talk with some more people. thanks

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i had a BBK before and it looked good and didn't have any issues at all besides it was metal and got super hot so i took it off for a plastic one from Demolet to use with my Eaton blower.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah its kinda gay cuz its yellow but i am going to paint it black and clearcoat it. hopefully it will be nice

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ender said:
You should have a rubber piece that pulls air from the fenderwell into the airbox. If that's gone, the opening in the airbox is still right next to the fenderwell opening drawing cool air. By all means get a cold air kit if you want, but just realize that it is mostly cosmetic, and some have been known to cause MAF issues. I run the stock inlet and a paper filter in my car, I don't feel that it's worth the money and risks for the minimal gain that may come from a cold air kit.

+1

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
im sorry i ment JLT True Cold Air Intake. he bought a BBK intake to replace the JLT and i thought i was getting the BBK. so what have yall heard about JLT?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i ment a RAM air not a true cold air, damn im gettin confused on some stuff. haha
ok im getting a JLT Ram Air Intake

jpajkos

Reaction score
JLT's are cool. I agree with the whole cold air intake is a waste of money deal. Only reason why i put one on is because i got it for x-mas. Truthfully save up and build a short block. Get a PI motor and just start moding the hell out of the internals. Forge it put a blower on it get you 500 hp and be done with it. But if your looking to do some mods the best HP gains for the money IMO is some long tubes, good mid pipe and a nice cat back exhaust system.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
JLT's are cool. I agree with the whole cold air intake is a waste of money deal. Only reason why i put one on is because i got it for x-mas. Truthfully save up and build a short block. Get a PI motor and just start moding the hell out of the internals. Forge it put a blower on it get you 500 hp and be done with it. But if your looking to do some mods the best HP gains for the money IMO is some long tubes, good mid pipe and a nice cat back exhaust system.

yeah im buyin what i believe is a Longblock from JASPER Motors then im putting L/Ts and an O/R x-pipe and a buddy of mine can weld so hes tackin the cats overtop of the x-pipe so it will look like its catted. im not going to forge anything for a while but if i do i will, but im not into the S/Cs like most mustang owners, i like turbos. so i might later on build it to run twins but as of now shes my daily so yeah. once im outta college makin good money ima put so much money out of every paychcek for a while and just slowly build her. but yeah the JLT Ram air is the one thats NOT down in the fenderwell, the JLT True Cold Air is down in the fenderwell though. they are two different kits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online