Opinions on a 96 V-6 5 speed possible purchase

Paladin1001

Reaction score
I found a red 5 speed 96 V6 car with a solid body, supposedly runs but has been sitting in a wrecker yard for five years or so. They said they have a clear title on the car and are asking me to make an offer. I haven't heard it run or anything and it is sitting on flat tires. I need a new hood and fender for my daughter's 98 GT project and this car has them.

What is the consensus opinion on a fair offer? I am considering it to take the parts I want, make it run if it can be done and flip it, thereby getting the parts for free. I was considering offering $400 since they only have the tow in the car and no other money.

delling3

Reaction score
$400 seems a fair price, but leaves you no room to negotiate. I would offer $300, expect that they will counter at $500, and "come up" to $400. You didn't mention mileage, but if it is a typical 96, it'll have somewhere north of 125,000 on the clock. A set of cheap tires cost $400 or more. How much can they realistically think they will get for it?

OP
OP
P

Paladin1001

Reaction score
It has 168k showing on the clock and its dirty from sitting and the previous owner left it a mess inside too. They won't be cleaning it up or anything so yeah I don't think they are expecting to make a fortune on it. I'll try the offer and see what they say. My next question is how decent are these V6 cars? If I can't get it running easily is it worth putting any money into or should I just plan to part it out?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online