Opinions on a possible trade needed

Jgehret

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to trade one of my 1988 tbird turbocoupes for a 1998 chrome yellow gt with a geeked engine. My tc runs and drives nice but needs paint (typical clearcoat peel). I'm going to check this one out Friday. Give me some insight and opinions

The car I'm going to look at
http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/4627553225.html

My tc

i have the time, tools, and knowledge to swap in another 4.6 not to mention access to a free good running pi engine in a truck at my work.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GT doesn't look bad to me go for it especially if you already have a PI engine to drop in.

RichV

Reaction score
GT looks decent, but NPI vs dat 2.3T!

OP
OP
Jgehret

Jgehret

Reaction score
The guy said that he was driving along and it shut off then had a no crank/no start situation

lutter94

Reaction score
unless he says something seized up, it sounds electrical.....imo, good luck with it, looks clean

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I would do it just to not have a car with a red interior...

OP
OP
Jgehret

Jgehret

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong the tc is a fun car. However, the wife and I have another one with great paint and much lower miles. As far as the sn it'll be another putt-putt car to drive to work on nice days. I'm still flip flopping the trade idea in my head. I'll have to see the sn in person, but if it's as nice as the pics I'll end up with another project

Obligatory pic of our keeper TC

OP
OP
Jgehret

Jgehret

Reaction score
Update

We went and looked at the 98 gt on Friday after work. The guy fell in love with the turbo coupe, my wife fell in love with the chrome yellow. I couldn't find a ding or scratch on the gt. It will need a good detailing on the exterior but that is to be expected. The interior is amazingly clean with just a little wear starting on the drivers bolster. I'm starting to doubt that the engine is seized. One of the cables to the positive terminal on the battery is only hanging on by 2 strands of copper. The battery was shot it the car and I honestly didn't want to play too much and fix the car for the guy. The trade is going down on Monday. I'll have the car home this week and diagnostics will start. I'll keep everyone posted and most likely start a build thread.

Thanks for all the input everyone :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online