opinions on sc and hci on a stock bottom end..

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
hey guys, just wanted some opinions on my combo...I currently have a stock bottom 302 wth trickflow top end kit (TW heads, stage 1 cam, and trackeat manifold) and all the supporting parts that go along with it. the car has 130000kms and im just wondering how it will stand up to a supercharger being added on. I probably wont run more that 8-9 psi with a novi 2000 kit and custom tune...how long do you think it will last b4 it explodes or needs rebuild?

Suspect

Reaction score
id say it all depends on the tune.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
it could last for years.....or could last as long as one dyno pull.... its hard to tell sometimes. my dad had a 91 coupe with a similar setup as you and ran t for 2 years before he threw a rod. I had my first mustang being tuned after its h/c/i install and it threw a rod. theres no way to really tell but you strap that blowe ron and find out.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
It's all in the tune.
If you run a good tune your bottomend will last a longtime.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Tune is important,but the biggest killer of stock bottoms is high hp and Revs.......if you're pushing over 450-550whp,keep the revs under 6k if you want any type of longevity out of it. I usually try to shift before 5600rpms,and the car's been boosted for over 10 years,and now has 170k mile on the clock. I've never been pullied below 12psi....and I've been running 18#s for two years now........compression is solid across the board,and has no blow-by what so ever. LONG LIVE 5.0'S :drunk:

ripper

Reaction score
Novi 2000 starts at 10lbs so your 8lbs is out the door lol. :hammer: 130000 on a motor is alot. Im guessing it will break on dyno with 10lbs of boost. JMO. for what its worth

PS They will be shifting at 6500 on dyno :dancing6:

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
thats 130000 kilometers not miles...but anyhow, should i get a blower and just wait for it to die then get a new short block or get both at the same time (which will obviously take a lot longer)

Reaction score
I say get the blower, and when the block splits, upgrade the block. See how long the stock block lasts!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Midnight_Cobra said:
I say get the blower, and when the block splits, upgrade the block. See how long the stock block lasts!

that would be fun if he already has the money for the new block :naughty:

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
yea deffinatly dont have the money for a new block... would have to be taking out a loan if it blew up lol

ripper

Reaction score
Do you have gears? That will wake her up.

Maniak87

Reaction score
i'd say just do the blower and wait untill u can afford HCI with an aftermarket block. i was going to do HCI instead of the blower but the cost was basically the same and blower has more power potential.

so use gambling the stock block unless u like the gamble :lol:

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
yea i already have the HCI im wondering if adding a blower is to much for the stock bottom end to handle..lol

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
yea i already have the HCI im wondering if adding a blower is to much for the stock bottom end to handle..lol

You will be fine, keep it around 8psi and get a tune afterwards. And keep the 6000rpm runs to a minimum.

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
alright so im probably going to do this....opinions on what supercharger? i was looking at the novi 2000's they look mint!!

Reaction score
Well the tried and true Strim is always a good bet. Pretty cheap since they've been around for awhile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online