Opinions on the eddy victory jr intake

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just purchased a victory jr intake used. It’s modified to use factory rails and has an adapter to run my plenum and throttle body. I have stock bottom end and stock top end pi motor with a turbski I’m running 8 pounds of boost currently and make around 400hp and 470 torque. I may up the boost to 10 but I’m not ready to build the bottom end. Do you guys think I should slap this intake on now or wait till I build the bottom end, get some cams and port the heads?

Addicted

Reaction score
IMHO. A regular plenum would choke that eddy anyway, I wouldn't run that intake until I had the 6160 sheet metal plenum, and had a bottom end to match especially since you want to up the boost a lil.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My experience shows, any intake with a runner will create more hp over one with no runner and this was with a 5.5sec quarter mile car.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
My experience shows, any intake with a runner will create more hp over one with no runner and this was with a 5.5sec quarter mile car.

so you’re saying this short runner intake should just be resold? What intake would you recommend?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You are not maximizing either intake at 400hp forced induced. Do i think swapping the will add hp, possibly. Just know your limit when driving hard.

Addicted

Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't sell it at all, I would put it aside until you get everything up to snuff. The rpm range of the eddy far out reaches the stock parameters. I regular PI intake (Factory Ford) is hard to beat, and had been on cars with 600hp, better drivability around town if you daily it. Even the longer runner TF intakes have the high rpm level also, but it will allow a better hp/tq shelf. The only intakes to rival the stock PI, and rival I mean put same #'s out in low rpm power, even better it in some instances, is the Bullitt/SVO intakes. They even draw the rpm/hp out another 600rpm in stock trim, and with a camshaft change its greater. Bullitt/SVO looses only in 2 different spots to the PI on a dyno graph, and these 2 spots are only for a length of 200- 300 rpm each. They produce a better under curve power, some near 20rwhp in spots, but only 10rwhp in peak, IN STOCK TRIM, this changes when mods are done. Also, the Bullitt/SVO can be tuned with different modifications that you do to it physically. Either PI, Bullitt/SVO, in factory trim. Everything else is high rpm. I WOULDN'T buy a Bullitt/SVO if you already had an eddy, just get a PI. Again, this is my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online