opinions on the pioneer DEH x660bt headunit

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
as the title suggest im looking for imput on the pioneer DEH x660bt. im thinking of upgrading from an 08' alpine ipod unit i have. my ipod is out of space, the cost of a new ipod and new charger adapter for my headunit would hardly be worth it. im woding how well the pioneer DEH x660bt works? how good is blue tooth connectivity and range inside and outside of the car? hands free calling, can it be silenced or made not to inturrupt you? can the mic be mounted up by my review mirror?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't have that particular h/u but I do have a pioneer. I do not have an I-pod either
Mine came with a long mic cord for the hands free calling and I do have it mounted above the rearview mirror.
The blue tooth phone/music works very well in the car and works when outside the car as well. Can't say how far from the car it will work though. Turning the BT on/off is controlled from the phone and you do have to turn it ON before you start the car.
My h/u does have a USB and an AUX port on the front
My model have have been discontinued but is similar to this one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cd-buil...=6261628&st=categoryid$abcat0302012&cp=1&lp=6

heffe2001

Reaction score
I put a double-din Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD in my 2000 (did the dash upgrade to a 2001+). BT works great on it, although I'm not sure the range out of the car (never had an occasion to test that really). The mic cable is pretty long, I have mine routed to the top of the left a-pillar (may move it to center though, didn't think about that location when I did it, and there's plenty of slack under the dash). It's the first aftermarket radio I've had that actually pulled down my address book from my android phone, so I was pretty pleased with that (no more having to guess who's calling by the number, lol). If I had to guess I'd say the BT features on the deck you're looking at are pretty much the same as the one I have, and I would think it would work fine.

As for the BT calling, mine rings (as far as I've ever seen) as long as it's connected. If you don't want to TALK on the hands free after answering, just use the option on the phone to not use the headset (at least that's how it works on my android phone). If you don't want to answer at all, either decline the call on the phone or the radio same as any other device.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.