Opinions on what mufflers

voidfinger

Reaction score
man i like that dude. I like the rock crushing sound of the supercharger, i think thats what i'm gonna do with my 5.4 2v. put some forged pistons and rods in it and do a mild clean up on the heads and a custom cam and 14/16 pounds of boost :) should be nice.

S

scarface

voidfinger said:
lol i love that scarface, i'm the cobra commander.... i was going to get a decal made like that and put it in my rear window with the words COOOOBBRRRRAAAAA.
yeah, Im a Cobra fan from back in the day :)

ripper

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
man i like that dude. I like the rock crushing sound of the supercharger, i think thats what i'm gonna do with my 5.4 2v. put some forged pistons and rods in it and do a mild clean up on the heads and a custom cam and 14/16 pounds of boost :) should be nice.

I used probe 18cc pistons and eagle h beam rods. You can still ruin a forged lower but it will handle alot more boost. I put the cobra crank in it too from frp. I wish i had some porting done. Next mod i guess lol.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea no dout, one thing though. Are you sure that the prochamber is an o/r unit? it sounded quiter than mine and i'm n/a. Or maybe the recorder didn't pic it all up or something. :dunno:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea no dout, one thing though. Are you sure that the prochamber is an o/r unit? it sounded quiter than mine and i'm n/a. Or maybe the recorder didn't pic it all up or something. :dunno:

prochamber are quieter than your everyday O/R pipe. They open up when you drive though.

voidfinger

Reaction score
so an o/r H is louder than a prochamber, wonder why... ???

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so an o/r H is louder than a prochamber, wonder why... ???

Probably because there is an extra chamber for the sound to get trapped/muffled in.

jpajkos

Reaction score
O/r X with magnapacks will piss your neighbors off from the next zip code.

Passenger

Reaction score
Not too sure how it'd sound on a 4.6 but I've got an o/r H-pipe with dumped Dynomax Ultraflos and I love it.

voidfinger

Reaction score
so Silversoul, i just looked at your sig and what does the MTX stand for?

Also, this is what i hear about exaust, if you get h pipe or chamber pipe then get chambered mufflers like flomaster,flopaths, so on and so on. But if you get x then go with a strait threw design like magpacs or lm2's.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so Silversoul, i just looked at your sig and what does the MTX stand for?

Also, this is what i hear about exaust, if you get h pipe or chamber pipe then get chambered mufflers like flomaster,flopaths, so on and so on. But if you get x then go with a strait threw design like magpacs or lm2's.

MTX=manual trans
ATX=auto trans

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol , nice. Sounds like me and you will have some evenly matched cars.

you have a full pi engine right with 9:1 with the manual, and ill have the pi swapped 10.5:1 auto :)

GDawg

Reaction score
I love the sound of my MagnaPacks but they really aren't that loud. But I've heard that if I were to put on an off road midpipe then they would be much louder.

Wow, only one person here doesn't know how to spell loud... ;D

Just teasing... 8)

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I have a magnaflow o/r x and flowmaster 40's on my car and get nothing but compliments. You can also hear it coming from a mile away.

GDawg

Reaction score
The true test... does it set off the car alarms in the parking garage when you drive by? :bunny3:

>:D

S

scarface

my OR x and SLP LM1s set off car alarms driving outside around the block.

ripper

Reaction score
GDawg said:
The true test... does it set off the car alarms in the parking garage when you drive by? :bunny3:

Funny you should say that. I was coming down my street last night and set off 4 alarms LOL.

voidfinger

Reaction score
GDawg said:

Naw the true test is if your driving down the road and you set off your own car alarm :rollinglaugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.