Opinions Please...

Foster98GT

Reaction score
My stang is stock and of course i just cant live with that. I know the gains that will be made through power adders but I'm worried about engine problems. My car, though she runs good is no spring chicken, she sits with 118,XXX on her now. I'm worried that going with a power adder at this mileage will only increase the chances that something will break.
I believe my only option is a (Cobra) Engine swap. This way have a good place to build from. What do you think? So before i even go and get a CAI or TB I'm gonna hold for that old 4v. Anybody know a good place for engines? What price range are they?

jpajkos

Reaction score
Foster,

For power gains you don't have to go with a 4v swap. Taking your motor doing either a big bore or a stroker kits will not only give you added power but it allows you to change out your rotating assembly, pistons, etc. Its like giving your engine a whole new life. Other ways our going with a PI conversion. I achieve great gains by doing this and with a good tune I will be almost but about where a 4v is if not more. Save your money get a PI motor have the heads and intake ported and polished. If you have the cash forge your motor. By forging it this will allow no hiccups for your motor once you put a blower/turbo on it. 4v's are awesome motors but you don't always have to go bigger for more power. Look at my signature. Yes I have alot invested in it. About 4k right now in the motor and thats not even tuned yet. Im just simply saying theres alot more avenues to explore so don't jump the gun so quick.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
4V is always a nice way to go but its expensive and requires someone with knowledge to do the swap.
Before i can make suggestions you need to tell us what you want out of your car. Are you looking for just a fun reliable street car or do you want the potential of having a street beast....need more info :D

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts guys. You all don't think my mileage is too high for the PI swap? As for the type of car i want, i would like a car that enforces what people already believe. A lot of people swear my car is super fast because #1 its a Mustang GT #2 It sounds fast. I don't participate in street races but, I'm not saying i wont. I want my car to have a bit more bite too is bark.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Do a motor swap. there's A guy on ebay for 3700 bucks will ship to your house a motor that will put out 325 horsepower. It's a P.I. motor with upgraded cams, ported and polished P.I. heads and intake with ECU upgrades. I wish I would have known about this when I did my motor swap. I can get you his information if you like.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The PI swap is always a good choice but if all you want is alittle grunt and respectabilty get a Supercharger. For NPI i suggest Positive Displacement blowers such as FRPP, Kenne Bell, and Allen Engine Development....
You can add a Ford Racing roots blower for @ $3300 complete with tune/fuel pump/injectors etc and get about 300rwhp and a fun car. Or if you want to spend more the KB and AED kits add intercoolers and the ability to run more boost. The roots blowers are OEM on Ford/Jag/Mercedes/Toyota etc and will last a long time on a stock engine.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
If I was looking at spending a fair amount of money on a engine, I sure as hell wouldnt dump several grand into a 2 vavle ( unless you can get used stuff at a killer deal, like a grand or two MAX for everything) save what you need and go 4 vavle :bunny3:

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
If you really want some big grunt, Swap out your K-member for one out of a 94 or 95 and drop a 5.4 in it with a blower. That will cause mass destruction, stop light to stop light,YEAH :banana:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SUTHRNSTANG97GT said:
If you really want some big grunt, Swap out your K-member for one out of a 94 or 95 and drop a 5.4 in it with a blower. That will cause mass destruction, stop light to stop light,YEAH :banana:

if there was a better selection of intakes for the 5.4 mod I wouldnt mind doing something like that myself

jpajkos

Reaction score
Ok spending 7k on a 4v is a good deal? First off trying to find a 4v thats not beat to hell and getting robbed is hard to come by. You live in a state with no smog restrictions? Can I say "H/C/I" this would be your 2v way over the top especially with a good tune. Patriot has seriously dropped the prices on there heads. Stage 3's for 1200 bucks is not bad. Some nice cams would really go hand in hand with them. Ask Dalmar im sure he's having some fun building his 2v. I can't wait to see what his will be putting out in the near future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online